Senior Application Programmer-1302329
Senior Applications Programmer
We invite you to explore the award-winning culture, people, rewards and opportunities that make Comerica Bank so special. Make your next career choice a confident one. The Senior Application Programmer role will provide comprehensive production support for all applications assigned to them.
This Senior Applications Programmer is located at Auburn Hills Operations Center and reports to the Vice President of SCP/BSO. This position has no direct reports.
1. The ideal candidate would be a self-driven professional with experience at performing analysis, engineering, design and debugging functions related to distributed systems. This may include conceptual experience related to servers, networking, operating systems, business application software and relational databases. Specific technologies include Unix, Windows, IBM mainframe, .NET framework, J2EE, Websphere, IIS, PGP, RSA, and various relational databases. Experience with Java programming.
2. This position requires timely resolution of problems to insure all SLAs are met, the pursuit of root cause for all problem incidents to eliminate a re-occurrence, proactive monitoring of the application and all related/integrated technology to prevent problems, the implementation of high quality solutions which are free of defects, and the ability to navigate the IS organization as needed to resolve problems as quickly as possible.
3. This position requires the individual to have a clear understanding of all procedures, policies, and guidelines to insure that changes made to production environment always have the appropriate approvals, change controls, and have been thoroughly tested.
4. This individual should insure we are always in compliance, can effectively advocate the team's position, and protect our clients, applications, and the IS organization from undue risks, system failures, or failing periodic system audits.
5. Applications within this area require 24 x 7 availability and rotating on-call support coverage and have an internal and external client base in all major markets.
6. Strong communication skills both verbal and written of both technical and business nature will be critical as will effective interpersonal and team work. A proven ability to work with a diverse team of individuals with different needs and objectives including direct interaction with user community to understand business needs to design/develop technical solutions.
7. Communication will include contacts with business clients as well as third party service providers.
8. The candidate will have the ability to manage time and priorities according to team/project objectives. Also will possess the ability to maintain and expand technical skills into emerging technologies. Experience with troubleshooting application problems, both in a standalone and client-server environment, across multiple platforms.
We know that our employees are critical to our overall success. We are dedicated to investing in their future to maintain long-term relationships for lasting commitments. One of the ways we do this is to offer a comprehensive package of compensation and benefits programs which are regularly reviewed to maintain them at competitive levels. Your salary will be commensurate with your work experience.
Travel is not required of this position.
Comerica Incorporated (NYSE: CMA) is a financial services company headquartered in Dallas, Texas, and strategically aligned by the Business Bank, the Retail Bank, and Wealth & Institutional Management. Comerica’s more than 9,200 colleagues focus on relationships, and helping people and businesses be successful. In addition to Texas, Comerica Bank locations can be found in Arizona, California, Florida and Michigan, with select businesses operating in several other states, as well as in Canada and Mexico.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university with 6+ years of Technical (analytical, application development and support) experience in distributed environments or 10+ years of Technical experience in distributed environments.
- 4 years of experience with object oriented application development (examples: Java and C#.net)
- 4 years of Working experience with Windows and Linux environments.
- 4 years of relational database experience (SQL Server and DB2).
- 2 years of Java programming experience.
- 3 years of formal SDLC experience designing and documenting technical solutions based on client requirements for assigned projects and tasks
- 3 years of experience with business analyst functions (business requirements, test planning, and test execution).
- 2 years of experience with Web Servers (experience with IIS configuration) and Web Services.
- 2 years of experience developing/supporting multiple web applications in production environment.
- 2 years of experience with MQ and Websphere.
- 2 years of experience in Unix Shell scripting.
Upon offer, Comerica conducts a comprehensive background check and a drug test. Upon hire, a fingerprinting check is completed.
Comerica is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to workplace diversity.
Primary Location : US-MI-Auburn Hills
Job: Information Technology
Shift: Day Shift
Work Hours (Example: 8:00am - 5:00pm Monday - Friday): 8:00am - 5:00 pm Monday thru Friday
Comerica's Technology and Life Sciences Division is one of the nation's leading technology banking practices, offering a wide range of...