The Senior Application Support Analyst at Healthfirst (HF) provides business system analysis and support for up to 30 applications used by core operations departments throughout the company. The ideal candidate will have a unique blend of technical, business and people skills to play a key role as subject matter expert and technical consultant throughout the lifecycle of their assigned applications. The Analyst is heavily involved in planning, implementation and production support. Coordinates end-user client relationships while responding to both critical and routine application support requests, as well as, interfacing with software vendors and consultants for development and support. In this position you will be primarily responsible for providing application support to our Enrollment, Reconciliation & Product Management departments.
- Provide advanced level client support for the enterprise business units by interpreting & responding to user needs. At times extended support hours are required outside of a normal work day. These instances are rare however they do occur and the Sr. Business Analyst is responsible for maintaining and restoring their applications to Production Ready levels.
- Interpret technical documents, write test plans and facilitate user acceptance testing. Job function includes writing and reviewing functional specifications for system changes and enhancements.
- Write ad-hoc queries and reports based on industry available tools and/or system supplied queries.
- Interface with software vendors for development and client support. Manage all aspects of vendor Service Level Agreements.
- Mentor junior staff to increase their job knowledge and guide them as necessary. Review junior staff specifications and deliverables as necessary.
- Act as leader to analyze and solve complex development and business relationship issues and demonstrate sound judgment to determine when to escalate issues.
- Contribute creative solutions and ownership of daily assignments for seamless communication and systematic completion of routine and special projects. Ability to work additional hours outside of the normal work week including occasional weekends, weeknights.
- Handle other duties as assigned such as special projects outside scope of routine work.
- Working under light supervision maneuver multiple tasks independently with a fast-paced proactive vs. reactive approach to changing priorities.
- Intermediate Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook skills are required. Intermediate CRM Applications.
- A minimum of five years of Microsoft Office experience.
- Work experience within the healthcare industry.
- Knowledgeable of Relational Databases especially Oracle 10 and SQL 2005.
- Demonstrated experience writing reports using Crystal Reports version 10 or greater.
- High aptitude for interpreting technical documentation, as well as, authoring or updating documents as needed.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and written communication skills to frequently interact with all levels of the organization.
- Experience working in a team environment, exercising independent thinking, problem solving and achieving goals and deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, especially in one-on-one and small-large group settings are essential.
- Apply Total Quality Management and Continuous Quality Improvement tools and methods.
- Use and operate a laptop and other electronic devices
Apply for this job:
- Apply for this job online
- Email this job to a friend
- Not ready to apply? Connect with us!
Healthfirst is a not-for-profit managed care organization sponsored by some of the most prestigious and nationally recognized hospitals and...