The Application Support Analyst will be responsible for providing support to various applications and end users to train and enable them to utilize computer applications efficiently and effectively to fulfill business objectives. Responsibilities include troubleshooting applications and software for all internal business units, such as Sales, Purchasing, Accounting, Payroll, Racing, etc. The Application Support Analyst will also assist in supporting any other in-house designed and developed software packages and act as a liaison between end user and programmer to facilitate a resolution and perform business analysis for IT projects and tasks as needed to help develop new applications and maintain existing ones. He / She will also provide end user training and documentation as required as well as testing of new or modified applications
This position requires working a Tuesday to Saturday schedule and will rotate between Belmont Park and Aqueduct, with occasional travel to Saratoga Race Course.
- Answer business user requests that require technology related intervention.
- Implement effective problem solving issues and manage appropriate escalation.
- Create help manuals for existing and new programs.
- Assist enterprise applications team to optimize application performance and functionality
- Assist enterprise applications team on project related tasks
- Identify and recommend solutions and customizations to meet client requirements
- Develop testing strategies
- Change Management: including system testing, scrutinizing release documentation, ensuring release controls have been adhered to, and execution of releases to the production environment.
- Have in-depth knowledge of all parts of SDLC
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- Minimum of Four years experience in a technical support role.
- Prior experience providing application support to broad business and technical groups.
- Experience training users on new application features and functionality.
- Proven experience managing and monitoring applications for successful integration.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self motivation and capability to work with minimal supervision.
- Leadership skills and ability to take initiative.
- Some proven experience in Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 and DocStar.