Global Payment Solutions consists of several unique and distinct lines of business: Cash and Logistics, Enterprise Content Management, Source Capture Solutions and Treasury Operations Solutions. The products within each of these business units consists of state of the art solutions that address the day-to-day needs of financial intuitions and other commercial entities to manage cash, process ACH transactions, process checks, resolve disputes, reconcile transactions, manage risk, and capture and manage images and documents enterprise wide.
This position is a senior level direct customer facing role that is both technical and business oriented. The position supports the implementation & technical client needs of multiple Fiserv products and services. The individual will work as an application support team member as well as occasionally as a consultant on billable product implementation, enhancement or integration projects.
Essential Job Responsibilities
· Under limited supervision, the Sr. Application Support engineer follows standard practices and procedures to implement, analyze, and support the Cash & Logistics product line, including:
· Will often work directly with internal project managers to execute deployment of hardware and software solutions to new and existing customers.
· Will replicate customer reported software issues, document and complete the working cases through to resolution within predefined Service Level Agreements.
· Supports production ASP/SaaS infrastructure
· Assists with testing of software patches/major releases.
· Support of 24/7 on-call and after hour application support
· Communicates with product management, developers, QA and other support specialists on product related issues.
· Interface with technical and in-house customer service personnel to determine exact nature of problems and implement remedial procedures for customers.
· Prepare regular and special reports documenting customer problems/complaints and procedures for correcting them.
· A minimum of 3 years software support/technical client services related experience
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Basic understanding of web based technology like Java/J2EE, web servers like IIS/Apache and any java based application servers such as Weblogic/JBoss/Websphere.
· Experience with Web and Client server application support and general operating system.
· Database systems experience with database systems such as SQL 2005/2008/2012
Job Related Experience:
· Knowledge of specialized or technical terminology related to Cash & Logistics products would be a plus.
· Ability to review detailed system log files to quickly identify problems
· Takes initiative to learn from team as well as independently through other resources
· Strong analytical and troubleshooting ability with strong detail orientation
· Strong organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to multi-task
Additional Skills & Experience:
Multilingual in Spanish or Portuguese a plus
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
Ability to travel up to 10% (travel is not the norm but may be required occasionally).
Fiserv, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Fiserv (NASDAQ: FISV) is a leading global technology provider serving the financial services industry.