The Senior Applications Analyst is a business specialist and technology generalist responsible for aligning technology solutions with business strategies. The Senior Applications Analyst is responsible for proactively identifying opportunities to apply technologies to business processes by informing and advising customers on information system technologies' functionality, costs, benefits, and implementation requirements. The Senior Applications Analyst functions as technical liaison and broker of services with various vendors. The Senior Applications Analyst must develop and maintain credibility and effective working relations with both customer management and IT personnel in a way that demonstrates an understanding of business problems, as well as IT strategies, issues, and priorities. The Senior Applications Analyst acts as internal consultant, providing technical guidance or business process expertise on the most complex projects or researching strategic planning matters from a technical or business standpoint. Must be competent to perform and integrate work at a high level within this job family and work at an in-depth level within the technical and clinical areas.
Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience) is required.
At least 4 years’ experience in an IT related role, including at least 3 years in either of the following:
Additional experience desired :
- Business application design, development, and installation, or
- Significant healthcare background with demonstrated abilities in the applications arena.
- Previous experience in business process re-engineering or process improvement is desirable, involving broad-based information systems and utilizing tools and techniques to effect business change.
- Experience in the strategic use of technology in managing and growing a business.
- Experience in organizing, planning, and executing large-scale projects from vision through implementation, involving internal personnel, contractors, and vendors.
Boston Medical Center - 13 months ago