Waters Corporation is currently seeking a Senior Application Chemist to join our organization. In this role, the Senior Scientist will join the Pharmaceutical Business Operations group which is responsible for the generation of scientific and marketing material to support the bioanalysis business. This is done in coordination with local demo laboratories, chemistry, R&D, and Product Marketing. This role will further require the evaluation of new software, instrumentation, and chemistry to enhance Waters position in the bioanalysis market.
1. Develop robust and reproducible LC/MS/MS methodologies for both small and large molecules for discovery, regulated bioanalysis, and ADMET studies.
2. Work with marketing team on tactical implementation of scientific collateral to be utilized by field and sales organizations.
3. Provide training and point of contact for the demo laboratories, field personnel and clients on best practices for the utilization and implementation Waters bioanalytical solutions.
4. Attend and participate in regional, national and global conferences. Submit and present poster and oral abstracts at key scientific meetings.
5. Develop collaborations with key individuals in the field of bioanalysis for the purposes of co-publication of data in: application notes, peer-reviewed journals, and oral presentations at scientific meetings.
- Minimum BS within Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry or related field of study.
- Minimum 8 years of experience developing LC/MS/MS methodologies, preferably for both small and large molecule for discovery, bioanalysis and ADMET studies.
- In-depth knowledge of the liquid chromatography, mass spectrometry and sample preparation of biological samples
- Knowledge/experience with regulatory requirements
- In-depth knowledge of the pharmaceutical and/or CRO industry
- Knowledge of small molecule, peptide and protein analysis
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong understanding of analytical instrumentation and software, preferably both Waters and competitor products
- Excellent PC skills, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Microsoft Project
- Willing and able to handle a travel schedule of 10-15%
bioanalysis, ADMET, metabolisim, chromatography, mass spectrometry, sample preparation, pharmaceuticals, small molecule, protein, peptide, regulated and discovery bioanalysis
For 50 years, the Waters Corporation has developed innovative analytical science solutions to support customer discoveries, operations,...