The Senior Applications Developer will create and maintain external and internal web sites, web applications, and other Microsoft Windows based applications. This position will p erform a wide variety of advanced professional duties in the design, development, installation and maintenance of applications to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of operations throughout the company; ensures the effectiveness of overall systems performance; works with end users to understand and assist them in addressing business and operational issues and problems; performs project leadership responsibilities for assigned projects; and performs related duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS :
1. Strong problem solving abilities and be able to troubleshoot Internet applications from the ground up.
2. Extensive experience working on enterprise level applications and should have strong database experience with SQL Server.
3. Ability to plan, develop, test, document and control content of AFMC’s internal and external web applications.
4. Operate and maintain computer systems as directed.
5. Enhance professional growth and development through in-service meetings, educational programs, self-study, etc.
6. Responsible for overseeing the development of programming projects for various interoffice departments.
7. Develop, define, document, and improve current web based applications for company web sites.
8. Work closely with other departments with overall application development.
9. Assist in establishing and maintaining update protocols for company applications and web sites.
10. Perform verification and correction of data stored in various databases.
11. Evaluate new technology on a continual basis to improve application performance.
12. Create and maintain all databases on company web sites.
13. Additional duties as assigned.
Physical and Sensory Requirements (With or Without the Aid of Mechanical Devices) :
Mobility, reaching, bending, lifting, grasping, ability to read and write, ability to communicate with personnel, ability to remain calm under stress. Must be able to lift and transport 50 pounds. Must be capable of performing the essential job functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Required : Bachelor’s of Science in Information Technology or related field 
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES :
Type 40 wpm.
Exceptional skills in business English and spelling are required.
Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Strong oral and written communication skills.
Ability to meet deadlines.
Attention to detail.
Ability to work independently.
Ability to relate professionally and positively with staff, business partners, customers, constituents, recipients and the public.
Ability to multitask.
Ability to prioritize.
Strong organizational skills.
Problem solving skills.
Project management skills.
Strong public speaking skills.
Time management skills.
Ability to work overtime as needed.
Regular and punctual attendance.
 Five (5) years work experience in related field may be substituted for the Bachelor’s degree. If work experience is substituted it is in addition to stated work experience requirements.
Arkansas Foundation for Medical Care - 30+ days ago
For those seeking medical salvation, Baptist Health may be the answer to their prayers. The organization provides health services through...