Candidates applying for the Senior Application Developer position must be seasoned professionals in their craft. He/she will need to possess a strong and well-rounded technical acumen and be able to work effectively across multiple projects. Listed below are duties, responsibilities, education, and other skills needed to be seriously considered for this position.
- Design, build, test, and support .NET applications for the Sales arm of subsidiaries.
- Write and apply unit / regression tests to all application code and ensure successful coverage.
- Refactor legacy or older code applying industry standard patterns/practices and design patterns.
- Work with other developers, the QA team, and business support to ensure interface requirements are met.
- Partner with business associates to interpret project requests and derive technical specifications.
- Conduct research and evaluate/analyze developer utilities and application integration platforms.
- Research and diagnose reported application problems and take the appropriate action towards problem resolution.
- Demonstrate proficiency in all aspects of the software development lifecycle.
- Consult with business partners to prototype, refine, test, and debug programs to meet defined requirements.
- Use custom or packaged systems to benchmark application performance and identify needed optimizations.
- Stay abreast of industry/company activities via seminar, training classes, industry publications, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science or MIS is preferred.
- Consultative background that spans across several different industries.
- Very proficient in all areas of both the traditional Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Agile Methodologies.
- Experience building or working with SOA using WCF and SOAP/REST web services and/or WebAPI.
- Experience using an ORM such as Entity Framework or nHibernate along with LINQ to SQL or LINQ to Objects.
- Experience using Microsoft Unity and Enterprise Application Blocks (i.e. logging, cryptography, etc.).
- Experience using the VS.NET development environment and C#.
- Experience designing and building application databases using SQL Server.
- Experience using the MVC design pattern to build enterprise business applications is a big plus.
- Experience using TDD and building automated testing into solutions is a big plus.
- Active member and participant in local .NET user groups and public developer circles.
- Experience working with WPF/MVVM is a big plus but not required.
- Experience using TFS for source code, story/task management and continuous integration is a big plus.
- Self-motivated with the ability to make solid technical / business decisions with minimal managerial direction.
- Experience wearing several different hats (i.e. BA, Developer, Tester, etc.).
- Multi-task effectively across several different development projects.