The Senior Applications Specialist reports to the Director in Operation Applications IT and is responsible for the functional design, development, support, maintenance, and configuration of operations and maintenance (O&M) applications. This position is also responsible for supporting other peripheral applications and interfaces used to supplement operations and maintenance applications. |
o Must understand and have experience with operations logbooks, maintenance, inventory, and marine business processes.
o Heavy functional with medium technical knowledge of Oracle eAM and Inventory E-Business Suite. Must have experience with integration of Oracle EBS applications with third party vendors or products.
· Will be a plus:
o Heavy functional with medium technical knowledge of St. James Logbook. Experience with integration of St. James Logbook applications with third party vendors or products will be a plus.
o Heavy functional with medium technical knowledge of DSI dcLINK.
o Heavy functional with medium technical knowledge of Actuate BIRT Dashboards.
o Experience in using established Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) framework.
Responsibilities & Essential Duties
· Work with O&M user community providing excellent user support for O&M applications and related business processes.
· Gather and analyze business requirements and prepare functional design documents.
· Execute and implement solutions as per the business requirement with the deployment of new and enhanced functionality and business flow.
· Investigate and resolve complex problems through research and functional analysis.
· Provide continual assessment and review of unit testing and integration plans to ensure the solutions meet the business need and are working as designed.
· Effectively communicate project status information, design discussions and issues with project team comprised of resources from IT, consultants and end users.
· Work with technical team in reviewing technical specifications and translating technical issues/requests in a manner that can be understood by the business users, and vice versa.
· Keep the applications current with appropriate patches/upgrades.
· Review change management procedures and follow methodology for moving functional set-up/configuration into production.
· Education and Certifications: Bachelor’s Degree in IT or related Business field.
o Minimum 5 years of Oracle E-Business Suite with an emphasis on eAM and Inventory plus SQL programming. Oracle R12 experience will be a plus.
o At least 2 Full life cycle experience with all aspects of application setup, testing, user training, and production support.
o Minimum 4 years of experience with designing and testing conversions, interfaces and custom reporting.
o Will be a plus:
o Minimum 5 years of St. James Logbook with an emphasis on screen development, report development, and Python programming.
o Required: Oracle eAM, Oracle Inventory, PL/SQL, Oracle Reports, Oracle Discoverer, BI/XML Publisher.
o Will be a plus: DSI dcLINK, Actuate BIRT, Viziya WorkAlign Scheduler, St. James Logbook, Python Programming, Oracle Quality, Oracle Purchasing, Oracle Application Express, and Oracle R12.
o Functional, analytical and some technical abilities sufficient for the support, maintenance and configuration of operations and maintenance applications. Some experience with Oracle workflows, form and self-service personalizations, and extensions.
o Ability to interact effortlessly with business/user community to determine and document functional/technical requirements.
o Documentation of Functional Design Specifications and use cases for user acceptance testing.
o Familiarity with the Oracle AIM methodology.
o Strong collaboration skills to work with multiple teams on common issues, ability to multitask, appropriately manage the priorities and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
o Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding of new functionalities.
o Highly logical, proven analytical and problem-solving abilities, detail-oriented with outstanding organizational skills.
Cheniere Energy, Inc. - 20 months ago
Cheniere Energy, Inc. is a Houston-based energy company primarily engaged in LNG related businesses, and owns and operates the Sabine Pass...