Verisk Health builds a smarter healthcare ecosystem through analytics. Our 1,500+ global professionals work at the intersection of high tech, healthcare, and “big data” in order to realize audacious aspirations for our healthcare system. Be it eliminating fraud, waste, and abuse; guiding population health management with data-driven insights; improving revenue cycles for our clients; or re-envisioning support systems for new models of healthcare delivery, we hold ourselves to a single standard: having immediate and outsized impact for our clients, and by extension, the broader health community.
- Establishes and architects the strategic long term application systems technology and infrastructure for the division’s IT department, evaluating risk and directing (in conjunction with CIO initiatives) IT financial initiatives and strategies, especially as it relates to client implementation, production support, client customizations and special reports.
- Meets with clients and internal users to determine and define the organization's long-term systems needs and requirements to accomplish the organization's business objectives and meet external client interface requirements. Provides technical sales support and assist clients with technical implementation requirements and plans.
- Is charged with introducing and implementing visionary approaches and technologies to better serve the business needs of the division.
- Documents specifications and educates IT staff regarding new technologies and procedures.
- Responsible for the implementation, support and maintenance of the company communication infrastructure.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or allied degree with a minimum of 12 years experience in this field or a related field with a proven record of continuing education in applicable areas.
- Demonstrated lead expertise in architecture, design, and development of large scale, high volume, transaction processing and analytical data systems and solutions. This position leads/participates in defining Data Architecture Standards & Guidelines and the selection of Data Maintenance Tools for use across the organization. Responsibilities include providing prototypes, data architecture and design consultation and mentoring in all phases of the project lifecycle.
- Experience in PL/SQL programming including advanced queries, stored procedures and triggers in Oracle database technologies and ETL Architecture and Tools.
- Strong Architectural focus. Experience working with highly available, real-time and scalable transaction processing environments.
- Strong Infrastructure knowledge. Experience managing deliver of Multi-tenant SaaS applications.
- Strong Operational experience, with emphasis managing complex integration projects.
- Demonstrable experience with medical claims processing and practices.
- Proven track record in development of shared services strategy, process design and project management, business case development and support, consensus building across autonomous business units, construction of operating models and migration plans.
- Excellent leadership, motivation, decision-making and communication skills.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Bachelors (or equivalent work experience)
Years of Experience