Job Title: Senior Art Director
Position Reports To: Group Creative Director(s)
Department: Creative Division: N/A FLSA:
Exempt Date: April 2005
GENERAL SUMMARY Works closely with Copywriter partner to develop ideas for all avenues of communication. Must be a strong visual thinker and creative excellence is essential. Conceptual strategy and creative implementation should be at an award-winning level. Must have a passion for ideas, be organized and able to meet deadlines. Consults with HR Team on employee concerns that impact employment status & health issues in a confidential & timely manner. Directs & oversees PGP evaluation process for department. Partners with Finance & HR for all types of salary reviews. Responsible for motivating, inspiring, coaching & training employees within department. Acts as Team One ambassador ensuring Publicis, S&S, and Team One policies & guidelines are followed.
1. Develops unique, award-winning communications for each client.
2. Delivers high-quality work and achieves business goals.
3. Oversees the production throughout the entire process of specific creative ideas for various applications including print, broadcast, interactive, radio and other relevant media.
4. Contributes to new business pitches, and makes client presentations
5. Stays current with regard to client’s business and product information.
6. Conceptualizes, brainstorms, imagines, and develops creative ideas and executions for television, print, outdoor and any other new media opportunities.
7. Approves executions throughout production process
8. Prepares all comps and approved files for production.
9. Work with designers and producers to carry out multiple projects, and oversee the work of directors, photographers and illustrators on these projects.
10. Stays abreast of latest marketing trends and tools to stay current with the industry trends.
11. Responsible for creating work presented to client; i.e. ideas and executions
12. Manages projects for more prestigious clients and brands that require greater artistic direction
Education: College degree is preferred, however competency is evaluated based on body of work. Heavy emphasis on creativity.
Experience: Experience in generating ideas at an award-winning level. Current knowledge of Photoshop and other graphic software preferred. Portfolio or reel must include work on a luxury brand or previous automotive experience and must be verifiable. One to two years experience reviewing and critiquing work required. Skills & Abilities: Able to develop strong, conceptual ideas that surpass conventional advertising. Must be able to adhere to strict deadlines and schedules. Ability to work directly with the client as well as other disciplines within the agency. Strong visual and design skills are required.
Contact with Others: Works directly with their Copywriter partner, such as the Account Group, Strategic Planning, and the Broadcast department.
Work Direction Over
Others: Directs Art Studio, Traffic, Producers, Photographers, and Designers. Supervision Received: Supervised by Group Creative Director(s) who will review their work on an ongoing basis.
Pace of Work: Fast paced environment. Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
Scope: Every project is different and offers a new set of challenges. Position demands that new avenues are used to solve problems in an innovative way while at the same time remaining true to each brand’s identity.
Impact: As in the case in any advertising agency, our creative output is our product. The impact of this position becomes an important one in that it facilitates the creative process. The impact of this position on the Lexus dealer business is also very great as materials must be accurate and delivered on time. Position has direct client contact. Must maintain a positive client relationship
Working Conditions: Creative office environment where ideas are encouraged to grow. During busy times it is not unusual to work long hours and some weekends. Occasional travel and working off-site as needed. Team One is a professional, fast-paced, creative business environment. All employees are expected to support Team One’s commitment to providing a respectful & safe workplace. There may be times when lifting up to 25lbs. is required. Overtime, including evenings and/ or weekend work- may be required. There may be occasion to travel. All employees are expected to conduct themselves in a professional and acceptable manner during working hours and all work-related events, including but not limited to, holiday parties, off-sites, client meetings/events, shoot locations, etc. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. As an employee of Team One, a division of Saatchi & Saatchi Worldwide, you are expected to be aware of and adhere to all Publicis Groupe Policies, in addition to Team One and Saatchi & Saatchi policies. All Publicis Groupe policies supersede other policies except for when in conflict with California State Law.