Job Description Summary
The Senior Assistant Director will be an integral part of the Graduate Admissions team and charged with the responsibility of identifying, recruiting and enrolling the suite of MS programs – both existing and new programs in development. Specifically responsible for managing the conversion process from inquiry to enrollment including outreach to inquiries, applicants, and admitted candidates using a variety of platforms.
• Responsible for one-to-one marketing efforts including a variety of outreach strategies designed to increase the funnel of inquiries, convert inquiries to applicants, interview and counsel prospective students, and evaluate their candidacy for one of Babson’s programs.
• Responsible for understanding of target markets, educational and professional experience equivalencies, cultural influences, and cultivating and maintaining relationships with educational institutions.
• Responsible for implementing the conversion process including outreach to inquiries, applicants and admitted candidates via web, telephone, mail, e-mail and in-person.
• Shares responsibility for establishing and maintaining a productive, collaborative and continuous feedback loop with the Director, the Sr. Associate Director, and the Faculty Director.
• Shares responsibility for domestic travel and attends MS/ MBA recruiting activities.
• Shares responsibility for planning and executing all recruiting events, both on campus and off. The program events may include: campus visits, social media recruitment, webinars, visitor programs, yield receptions, and programs for admitted students.
• Develops relationships within the Graduate School and throughout the College. Areas important to our business include Graduate Programs, Center for Career Services, Student Life, International Programs, Graduate Marketing, and the Student Financial Services.
• Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
Minimum Level of Education Required
Master’s Degree in Business Administration or Education, or advanced degree in related discipline, strongly preferred
Additional Required Skills & Abilities
• A minimum of 4-6 years of previous relevant experience
• Demonstrated ability to report and manipulate data to identify shifts and trends in the marketplace. Data analysis is also integral as well as the ability to redirect efforts on behalf of the MS Programs and ensure enrollment goals are attained.
• Commitment to a diverse working environment and to cultivating a diverse community.
• Demonstrated ability in using social media tools for recruitment
• Strong customer service orientation
• Ability to work effectively on high-performance team
• Ability to handle multiple projects with frequent deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Excellent organizational skills
Babson College - 17 months ago