Line Number: 20703, 20704
Department: Butler Library, E.H.
Salary Range: $54,000 - $58,000
Anticipated Date of Hire: 08-26-2013
Closing Date: 07-19-2013
Contact Name: Melaine Kenyon, Search Committee Chair
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Fax: 716-878-3131
E. H. Butler Library, SUNY Buffalo State, seeks two (2) full-time Academic Outreach/Engagement Librarians to imbed library awareness and usability across the curriculum, regardless of modality. These positions will serve as a liaison to academic departments and will plan and direct library outreach, resources, and services that improve student learning outcomes.
- ALA-accredited Master's degree in library and information studies.
- Demonstrated experience with applications that support or enhance online learning environments including learning management systems and screen recording and video editing tools.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to ever-changing technology-rich online library service environment.
- Demonstrated experience creating customized online library content.
- Demonstrated experience with digital content utilization.
- Demonstrated knowledge of social media strategy to further awareness and use of library resources.
- Professional experience in the provision of in-person and online reference services in an academic library.
- Experience teaching library instruction sessions in an academic institution.
- Ability to clearly articulate a vision for a library's role in improving student learning outcomes in a rapidly changing academic environment.
- Demonstrated excellence in oral and written communication.
- Demonstrated experience in working with diverse populations.
- Ability to meet all requirements for achieving continuing appointment as a library faculty member in an academic institution.
Required Applicant Documents:
- Experience with Blackboard Learn course management system.
- Experience with LibGuides.
- Experience with Summon Discovery Service.
- Online teaching experience.
- Experience creating and editing library content in all formats.
- Experience creating and editing library marketing content.
Curriculum Vitae (academic)
Names and contact information for 3 professional references
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Note: If you are contacted for an on-campus interview, you will be required to provide official transcripts before the interview is scheduled.
HigherEdJobs - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard