The primary responsibility of a Senior Assistant Team Leader is to assist the Store Team Leader in providing leadership and managing all processes of store operations to maximize store sales and profits. This position requires initiative, creativity and the ability to exercise independent judgment.
Model the Way
- Identifies and responds promptly to Guests needs.
- Ensures a consistent and fulfilling Guest experience.
- Establish and maintain relationships with Guests to increase sales growth and repeat business through credit card, email and designer program.
- Creates schedules that meet customer traffic needs.
- Assists in Hiring, Training and the Development of a strong store team to provide an inviting, enjoyable, and fulfilling shopping experience to all Guests.
- Holds self and others accountable to maintaining all Kirkland’s policies and procedures.
- Provides associate performance feedback to the Store Team Leader.
- Recognizes and celebrates performance.
- Promotes a fun, caring, safe, and productive work environment.
- Supports the Open Door Policy with all Team Members.
- Supports an open and professional environment of exchanging information.
- Communicates clearly and effectively both verbally and in written format.
- Possess interpersonal skills.
- Assists in timely completion of all auditing paperwork and procedures as outlined by the Operations Manual.
- Delivers store’s daily business goals and meets weekly sales goals as established by the Store Team Leader.
- Assists in the planning and executing of promotional and merchandising plans while maintaining presentation standards as directed by the company.
- Works in partnership with the Store Team Leader to protect and maintain company assets and resources to include, but not limited to, cash control, inventory, product handling and physical facility to prevent theft.
- Ability to lift and move 45 pounds or more on a regular basis.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Ability to stoop, bend, climb and lift to stock and retrieve merchandise from stockroom and sales floor on a regular basis.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 1-3 years equivalent experience – retail preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret company directives, handbook, and manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to attend and participate in meetings as required.
- Ability to work a minimum of 40 hours per week, based upon the business needs of the store.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and evenings.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Ability to handle and transport company funds daily to the bank location designated by Kirkland's Inc. Transportation of company funds will be conducted in a manner that does not place the funds in a vehicle with any non-Kirkland's Inc. person(s).
Kirkland's - 11 months ago
When you just deplore your bare wood floor and feel the need to improve your home's décor, Kirkland's hopes you'll explore...