Welcome to SapientNitro, where ideas reign supreme. Here, customer experiences are what drive us, game-changing marketing is conceived, awards are won, and technology is at the very heart of bringing our creative ideas to life. There’s no shame in being ambitious here; career growth is a priority for us – we help one another climb, we don’t climb over one-another. Clients aren’t just customers, they’re partners. Integrity and a team-driven environment serve as incubators for entrepreneurial minds. Getting goose bumps? Good. If you’re ready to be an idea engineer with some of the best collaborators in the industry, let’s see where you can put your talents to work.
Senior Associate, Business Consulting (Sr. Business Analyst)
As a Senior Business Analyst at Sapient, you will be responsible for researching, analyzing and defining business and user needs; identifying options for improving business systems and processes and bridging the needs of the business and IT through the analysis and communication of requirements.
- Research and identify industry best practices related to business needs
- Research, define, analyze and capture business and user needs
- Define, analyze and document business and functional requirements
- Document the requirements in a client ready format
- Support fit gap analysis
- Understand business processes/problems and bring that understanding to discussions with developers and designers
- Collaborate with the creative and technology team members to ensure that business requirements adhere to technical and creative constraints
- Help resolve issues, risks and dependencies within the track and across different tracks
- Create and visualize business process flows and data flow diagrams that reflect the scope and complexities of the requirements
- Define business and system use cases
- Verify requirements are testable
- Review test cases
- Trace the requirements (Traceability Matrix)
- Collaborate with QA and Development team members to ensure that requirements are understood and met
- Facilitate working sessions to drive / define new requirements or changes
- Serve as Note Taker and/or Stage Manager, if needed, during workshops
- Facilitate breakout sessions during workshops
- Develop and nurture strong business relationships with operational level clients to support elicitation and management of business requirements
- Communicate requests received by the client to the project leadership and team
- Build out a Mid-Level Plan (MLP) using the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and estimates provided by the leadership team
- Identify risks and dependencies early and proactively bring them to the leadership team’s attention
- Articulate and demonstrate understanding of the roles of other team members in particular User Experience (Information Architects, Visual Designers, Copy Writers, etc.), Technology, QA
- Understand inter-dependencies with the technical team (integration documentation, developers, etc.)
- Proactively identify cross-track dependencies ensuring that there are no gaps in coverage across all modules and any gaps are addressed within and outside the track
- 5-7 years of experience in business consulting and client services in areas such as eCommerce, Content Management, Interactive Architecture, Order Management, Call Center (CRM) etc.
- Able to analyze business requirements and define solutions to address complex business needs
- Excellent communication, problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong judgment, issues management, and problem analysis techniques
- Strong presentation, facilitation, time management, and prioritization skills
- Proven ability to work both independently and as a part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to balance priorities on simultaneous projects
- Capable of interacting with individuals at all client organizational levels
- Experience working in a Globally Distributed Model preferred
- Strong PC skills including Microsoft Office tools, Visio, and Project
- College degree required
Ideal candidate will have an MBA or MS degree in related field
SapientNitro SM , part of Sapient®, is an integrated marketing and technology services firm. We create and engineer highly relevant experiences that accelerate business growth and fuel brand advocacy for our clients. By combining multi-channel marketing, multi-channel commerce, and the technology that binds them, we influence customer behavior across the spectrum of content, communication and commerce channels, resulting in deeper, more meaningful relationships between customers and brands. SapientNitro services global leaders such as Chrysler, Citi, The Coca-Cola Company, Lufthansa, Target and Vodafone through our operations in North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific. For more information, visit http://www.sapientnitro.com/ or follow us on Twitter @sapientnitro .
Sapient is a registered service mark of Sapient Corporation .
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this role, which include hearing, speaking, typing, and occasionally moving and/or lifting up to 15 pounds.
keywords: requirements gathering, business analysis, client management
Sapient - 21 months ago