Alvarez & Marsal (A&M) is a global professional services firm specializing in turnaround and interim management, performance improvement and business advisory services. A&M delivers specialist operational, consulting and industry expertise to management and investors seeking to accelerate performance, overcome challenges and maximize value across the corporate and investment lifecycles. Founded in 1983, the firm is known for its distinctive restructuring heritage, hands-on approach and relentless focus on execution and results.
A&M's Global Forensic and Dispute Services (GFD) practice has set a new standard for bringing a practical, results-oriented approach to solving problems related to business investigations, complex disputes and regulatory interventions. From the boardroom to the courtroom, the firm delivers a wide array of solutions to contentious situations by drawing on the deep skills, diverse disciplines and experiences of its professionals who offer a unique ability to articulate complex findings in a clear and meaningful manner.
The Disputes and Investigations practice of Alvarez & Marsal’s Global Forensic and Dispute Services practice is seeking a Senior Associate for its team in New York.
- Review documents/information to identify items relevant to investigation or dispute consulting matter
- Compile and analyze facts to formulate, substantiate and/or critique various damages theories, claims and/or conclusions
- Perform data analysis and modeling using MS Excel, MS Access (a plus), etc.
- Assist in developing and/or evaluating damages, claims and calculations
- Prepare financial models, cash flow analysis, analysis to support business-related valuations, and other analyses as dictated by the needs of the engagements
- Perform accounting or other research required for clients across a diverse range of industries
- Perform analysis of accounting, finance, economic issues in the context of business transactions
- Manage the receipt and tracking of documents and information from clients and facilitate process with other A&M personnel
- Draft findings/observations and prepare tables, exhibits and charts
- Assist with engagement management administration, including budgeting, billing and conflict checks
- Manage other staff as needed and help to coordinate with professionals with other disciplines/skills
- Communicate effectively to all levels of engagement management and client personnel; Draft internal and external communications
- Assist in the coaching, mentoring and counseling of staff
- Assist in research market issues and identify market opportunities
- Demonstrate an understanding of risk associated with various engagements
- Synthesize information and develop reports (MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Provide general support to team on a variety of tasks in connection with project execution
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting (preferred), finance, economics or other business-related field
- 2-5 years of experience in combination of auditing, forensic accounting, investigation and/or litigation consulting roles required; Big 4/public accounting firm experience a plus
- CPA or related equivalent (e.g., accounting degree or economics degree and CFA credential)
- Demonstrated ability to provide services involving accounting and/or consulting projects
- Ability to analyze companies from a financial, operational and industry perspective
- Proficiency with Excel, Word and PowerPoint; Access or other tech skills a plus
- Professional demeanor and strong written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- ability to balance multiple projects and responsibilities with changing priorities
It is A&M's policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status or sexual orientation in accordance with all applicable laws, directives and regulations of federal, state and city entities.
Alvarez & Marsal - 11 months ago
About Alvarez & Marsal:
Alvarez & Marsal (A&M) is a global professional services firm specializing in turnaround and interim...