Business Title: |
Senior Associate, Federal Audit
Area of Interest:
District of Columbia
KPMG LLP’s Federal Audit practice currently performs the consolidated financial statement audits for many of the executive branch departments and agencies. The firm is continuing to look for experienced Federal auditors to join its thriving practice. We are currently seeking a Senior Associate to join our Federal Audit practice in our Washington, DC office.
This distinct opportunity is for qualified candidates to join one of the area’s fastest growing audit practices, which can offer you with extraordinary advantages including:
• Excellent Federal audit and accounting training tailored to your needs • Exposure to diverse Federal industries • Advancement based on your individual capabilities • Team environment that fosters collaboration and knowledge sharing • Leading audit technology tools, and much more • Opportunities to utilize your Top Secret and Secret clearances and to serve clients in Civilian Agencies, Department of Defense, and the “Intel” world.
- Review and evaluate financial risk, financial reporting and accounting transactions processes including controls related to federal entities
- Review and evaluate complex federal financial statements
- Supervise and review work performed by other staff and interact with the manager on client and team matters
- Supervise Audit associates and interns on engagements
- Understand and utilize KPMG’s Audit Methodology
KPMG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
- Two years of experience in auditing and accounting/financial advisory services
- BA/BS degree from an accredited college/university in Accounting or a related discipline; and eligible to sit for the CPA exam
- Experience auditing in accordance with the standards applicable to financial audits contained in the Government Auditing Standards, issued by the Comptroller General of the United States Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Bulletin No. 01-02, Audit Requirements for Federal Financial Statements
- Experience in financial and systems controls, accounting and functional support services for federal entities including knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Demonstrated supervisory experience
- Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain a U.S. security clearance
No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace.
KPMG LLP - 20 months ago
KPMG LLP, the audit, tax and advisory firm, is the U.S. member firm of KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"). KPMG...