Background Summary Have you been looking for an opportunity to work for a growing company that has received multiple awards for workplace excellence, offers outstanding benefits, and provides unparalleled opportunity for growth? MorganFranklin is a business and technology solutions company where these goals can be met and surpassed. You can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging project engagements, you will have the chance to give back to your community, contribute to thought leadership, participate in a range of inclusion initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and training needed to advance your career.
Our culture of collaboration and innovation means that your ideas for improving our business and helping clients meet their missions will be heard. MorganFranklin is currently looking for experienced professionals that possess a strong federal auditing background and desire to perform a number of tasks supporting our client in achieving audit readiness. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to deliver excellence to a variety of Federal Government clients. Our current DoD client requires support in the following areas: 1) financial management and accounting operations, 2) internal control management, 3) audit readiness support, and 4) general areas which encompass FIP concepts, to include system efforts.
As a part of MorganFranklin’s Public Sector Practice, you will provide support and insight as well as deliver quality audit readiness and remediation support focused on surpassing expectations at our federal client that will make a difference in their ability to achieve audit readiness, increase efficiency, enhance productivity, and improve controls while advancing their critical missions. This position will require support to a DoD agency in cleansing the agencies’ general ledger (GL) financial data prior to conversion under the Defense Agencies Initiative (DAI) while providing CFO Act FIAR Methodology. DAI GL data cleansing support consists of the activities required to promote the completeness and accuracy of financial data in the legacy accounting system prior to conversion to DAI. The day-to-day responsibilities include (but are not limited to) assisting with the reconciliation of various GL accounts to support DAI GL data conversion and the agencies’ audit readiness efforts: • Reconcile Internal-Use-Software and Software in Development accounts.
They will be required to utilize prior audit/audit remediation experience by possessing knowledge and experience in reviewing, analyzing and researching financial data. This includes (but is not limited to) validating detail transactions, retrieving required supporting documentation, and performing general ledger reconciliations. The nature of our project is dynamic, extremely fluid, and requires a highly motivated individual that has a sense of urgency and is willing to develop probable solutions on their own or in a team of highly skilled professionals. SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS • Approximately 6-9 years in Audit / Audit Readiness / Financial Improvement.
- Reconcile other Plant, Property, and Equipment (PP& E) and fixed asset accounts beginning balances. • Reconcile PP& E information in the accounting system to the information in the agencies’ property accounting systems (or other databases and applications that contain asset information). • Reconcile material accounts payable (A/P) and accrued liability account balances and develop, document, and implement emergent corrective actions. • Reconcile A/P subledger to general ledger balances.
- Reconcile A/P and accrued liabilities accounts beginning balances. • Reconcile accounts receivable (A/R) subledger to GL balances. • Reconcile asset account beginning balances. • Reconcile Funds Balance with Treasury (FBWT) account.
GAAP, DoD Financial Management Regulation, and Statements of Federal Financial Accounting Standards (SFFAS). • Proficient with Microsoft office tools, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint (knowledge of Access a plus). • Maintain good working relationship with DoD client to enhance customer satisfaction, and work with client management and staff at all levels. This will include significant opportunities to present/communicate client deliverables directly to client, with oversight and direction from team management.
- Supervise, train, and mentor Associates and/or other staff to assess performance through periodic reviews. • Proficient in fundamental accounting with experience in audit, audit readiness/remediation. • Awareness of the external audit process with ability to identify, address, resolve, and review issues ranging in complexity, and document issues in a concise and effective manner. • Strong technical skills and working knowledge of U.S.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS: • Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Business, or Finance; MBA a plus • One or more of the following certifications are preferred: CPA, CGFM, CDFM, CIA, PMP, CISA. CLEARANCES: Clearance Level = Secret (Top Secret Preferred) ALL CANDIDATES IDEALLY MUST BE CLEARABLE to the Top Secret Level. OTHER: Primary working location is Tysons's Corner, travel to/from Quantico may be required up to 20%. Equal Opportunity Employer MorganFranklin is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status, physical impairment, political affiliation, marital status, disability, or on any other basis prohibited by law.
- Gain comprehensive understanding of client operations, processes, and business objectives. • Proactively interact with key client management to gather information, resolve problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements. • Provide direct client support to reconcile subsidiary ledgers to subsidiary detail transactions with the purpose of ensuring that transactions have posted accurately to the subsidiary ledgers and subsidiary ledgers roll up to the general ledger and result in an accurate monthly Trial Balance. • Provide support to validate the accuracy of the transactions posted to the general ledger.
- Support providing information pertaining to account balances and information about the supporting documentation and daily and monthly reports that support the general ledger balances for specific accounts. All efforts are to validate general ledger balances and sustain accurate and reconciled account balances for DAI conversion and audit readiness assertions. • Review supporting documentation and work papers supporting the agencies’ GL reconciliations. • Provide written feedback and recommendations for correcting significant issues identified during reconciliation.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills and ability to assimilate easily into teams. • Ability to strengthen pre-existing client relationships. • Strong analytical skills. • Strong work ethic, sense of urgency, and positive attitude is a must!
If alternative assistance is needed to submit your resume or complete your application contact 703-564-7525 ext 2282 or email@example.com. Immigration sponsorship is not available at MorganFranklin Corporation, except in extraordinary circumstances.
MorganFranklin - 12 months ago