Alvarez & Marsal (A&M) is a global professional services firm specializing in turnaround and interim management, performance improvement and business advisory services. A&M delivers specialist operational, consulting and industry expertise to management and investors seeking to accelerate performance, overcome challenges and maximize value across the corporate and investment lifecycles. Founded in 1983, the firm is known for its distinctive restructuring heritage, hands-on approach and relentless focus on execution and results.
A&M's Global Forensic and Dispute Services (GFD) practice has set a new standard for bringing a practical, results-oriented approach to solving problems related to business investigations, complex disputes and regulatory interventions. From the boardroom to the courtroom, the firm delivers a wide array of solutions to contentious situations by drawing on the deep skills, diverse disciplines and experiences of its professionals who offer a unique ability to articulate complex findings in a clear and meaningful manner.
A&M's Forensic Technology Services (FTS) team comprises senior forensic and information security technologists, who bring deep expertise in Computer Science and Information Systems, and offer a hands-on approach to collecting, preserving and analyzing electronic information. Our FTS team has experienced unprecedented growth and therefore, an opportunity exists for us to strengthen the team at the Senior Associate level in order to provide resources and leverage to a growing and highly experienced Senior Management team.
- Collect, import and analyze large volumes of structured data; maintaining quality control during the process; prepping the data for complex query analysis
- Use a variety of data analysis tools to conduct extensive financial and data analyses, and financial modeling through complex querying logic
- Work with engagement teams with the preparation and review of damage claims, drafting of expert reports, preparing expert witnesses for deposition and trial testimony, and summarizing findings in exhibits for trial or other dispute resolution forums.
- Assist with sensitive work including special investigations and projects with undefined tasks
- Prepare privileged and confidential client communications for senior level review
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems or Computer Science with a minimum of 12 hours in Finance/Accounting coursework.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Access and Excel is required.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server is required.
- Programming experience in C, VB, C#, T-SQL or similar is a plus.
- Solid organizational skills.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, challenging, and unpredictable environment.
- Fast learner, eager to learn new technologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Objective, fact-based approach to problem solving.
- Driven by values and integrity, straight talker, builds confidence and leads by example.
- Demonstrable ability to balance a high level view with detail.
- A natural ability to prioritize – especially in highly pressurized situations.
- Autonomous – Alvarez & Marsal has a flat structure with a self-sufficient culture.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Flexibility to travel approximately 20% of the time.
It is A&M's policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status or sexual orientation in accordance with all applicable laws, directives and regulations of federal, state and city entities.
Alvarez & Marsal - 11 months ago
copy to clipboard
About Alvarez & Marsal:
Alvarez & Marsal (A&M) is a global professional services firm specializing in turnaround and interim...