Business Title: Senior Associate, USIT
Requisition Number: 31987
Function: Tax Services
Area of Interest: Indirect Tax
When you choose KPMG as the place to build your career in tax, you can really add value. KPMG's tax partners and professionals pride themselves on understanding our clients' business strategy and needs, providing a broad range of federal, state, local and international tax services to meet those needs. We are currently seeking a Senior Associate to join our State and Local Tax (SALT) practice in our Cleveland office.
- Provide excellent client service to multi-state companies with state and local tax issues, including compliance, advisory services, planning, technology, and controversies
- Review information presented on state sales and use tax returns before, during, and after preparation
- Assist multi-state companies with analyzing state tax considerations/impacts related to business restructuring projects
- Assist multi-state companies with state and local tax controversies, which includes preparing clients for discussions with auditors, representing the client at hearings and at appeal meetings, and preparing protests
- Research and draft technical memoranda regarding state and local tax questions
- Help clients with technology applications related to their tax reporting needs
KPMG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
- Two years of experience in providing sales and transactions tax research and technical advice on multi-state issues
- Bachelor's degree, J.D., LL.M. in Taxation, and/or Master's in Taxation (MST) from an accredited college/university
- Experience with various other corporate taxes and their impact on sales tax
- Strong knowledge of the development, planning, and execution of sales and transactions tax refund claims
No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace.
KPMG LLP, the audit, tax and advisory firm, is the U.S. member firm of KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"). KPMG...