In providing consumer-oriented health benefit plans to millions of people, our goal is to create higher quality care, lower costs and greater access to health care. As a legal professional working for UnitedHealth Group, you will be empowered to achieve new levels of excellence and make a profound and personal impact as you contribute to new innovations in a vital and complex system.
Typical responsibilities will include:
The successful candidate will possess strong verbal and written communication skills, sound judgment and business instincts. The ability to lead people and change is also critical. The ability to delegate work and operate in a matrixed environment will be important qualities for the successful candidate. Prior law firm and in-house experience are desired.
- Overseeing the delivery of legal services and related support;
- Collaborating with colleagues across the UnitedHealth Group legal department and business units;
- Proactively identifying and resolving legal and related matters;
- Assisting in the review, preparation and negotiation of various documents and contracts associated with UHG businesses;
- Participating in and leading negotiations in key strategic transactions;
- Developing best practices for addressing emerging legal and business risks;
- Working in partnership with the compliance and regulatory teams;
- Counseling senior management on strategic business initiatives;
- Managing outside counsel;
- Fostering key regulatory relationships.
- Note: This position will be based in our Minnetonka, MN corporate offices.
We are seeking candidates with the following minimum qualifications :
UnitedHealth Group is currently # 22 on the Fortune 500 List and is one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system. UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
- Juris Doctorate degree required.
- 8+ years of experience as a legal professional.
- 5+ years of experience with Mergers & Acquisitions and corporate transactions .
- Experience working in the healthcare or managed care industries is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of state and federal health care, insurance, privacy and related laws.
- Ability to build and maintain rapport with superiors, peers, subordinates and external company contacts.
- A proven track record demonstrating the ability to independently make decisions regarding complex legal and corporate issues.
No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
At UHG, you will perform within an innovative culture that's focused on transformational change in the health care system. You will leverage your skills across a diverse and multi-faceted business. And you will make contributions that will have an impact that's greater than you've ever imagined.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
UnitedHealth Group - 2 years ago
When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours.
We have modest goals: Improve the lives of...