Clark Financial Services Group division (CFSG) works to identify new and expand upon existing financially-oriented business opportunities for Clark Construction Group, LLC (CCG). This group offers additional value added services to clients in the alternative energy arena and helps to raise additional sources of revenue/profit for Clark Construction Group. This group is focused on: |
- Development/construction/finance/invest opportunities in customized alternative energy systems for target customers of CCG;
- Identification of new tax driven investments, credits or deductions that can be applied to Clarks businesses; and
- Assignment of 179D tax deduction for existing CCG construction and design/build project.
This person will assist in all aspects of project identification and the creation of turnkey develop/construct/finance/invest projects in the alternative energy and energy efficiency retrofit sectors and also in our efforts to identify and implement tax and incentive opportunities for Clark.
This person will work with the Managing Director, Senior Associate, Associate and MEP Director on project initiatives which are currently focused on:
1) Identifying and deploying tax deductions and tax credits for projects in our role as developer, construction manager and tax credit equity investor/owner of projects for non-profit clients.
2) Determining alternative energy solutions for target and signed new project pursuits with particular focus on hospital, airport, university and data center clients.
3) Structuring financing and developing project pro formas to access the financial returns to Clark and to the client after incorporating project costs, tax benefits and incentives into the projects as well as debt financing options. Primary ownership vehicle is power purchase agreements but may also consider sale/leaseback and long-term leases as well.
4) Determine with team and third party consultants the optimal energy options for the target client including renewable, alternative energy and other system solutions.
5) Researching topics such as alternative energy systems/technologies energy legislation, competitor activities, rebates and incentives for specific states and localities as can be used for project cash flows.
6) Developing marketing materials and identifying target clients and target vendors in this space.
7) Preparing proposals for energy and financing features of proposals in conjunction work with Clark personnel on a wide variety of projects.
8) Developing training materials for CCG business unit leaders and other staff on alternative energy, sustainability and financing/higher profit opportunities for Clark.
9) Providing support for our IRS section 179D tax deduction pursuits.
This person will also interact with business development, legal, and additional groups within CCG and at outside organizations such as banks, insurance companies, law firms and consulting firms. The primary roles and responsibilities related to this function include, but are not limited to:
Presenting or helping to present concepts to public officials, clients, senior management and other constituencies.Preparing or providing input to pro forma models and other types of financial analysis for project.Researching financial structures, financing issues, legislation, industries and/or entities to facilitate project initiatives.Developing relationships with vendors including alternative energy providers (solar, micro turbine, CHP, other), energy analysis firms, architects that will help identify teammates and new business opportunities/structures.Helping to identify the most appropriate third party team members for projects in a wide variety of disciplines.
- Bachelors degree required and MBA highly preferred.
- 3-8 years relevant professional experience required. Relevant experience can include but not be limited to work in electrical or mechanical engineering, alternative energy systems, consulting, banking, and/or investment banking.
- Financial analysis knowledge, experience with financial modeling, and facility using Excel and Microsoft office suite is essential.
- Strong written and verbal communication, organization, multi-tasking, research and analytical skills (including an attention to detail).
- Strong relationship development/networking skills.
- Organization and project management skills.
- Desire to explore new frontiers of structuring projects domestically and to roll sleeves up to help grow a new department.
- Open, team-oriented yet self-starting work style.
Clark Construction Group - 10 months ago