Senior Associates perform most work assigned with minimal assistance. They often lead one or more Associates, instruct them in work to be performed, review the work done, and direct necessary revisions. Senior Associates are required to make decisions on all but the most unusual accounting and consulting matters.
Required Experience and Education:
Must be a licensed CPA. Must be a member in good standing with the AICPAs and respective state societies.
Normally two (2) to three (3) years experience in public accounting or consulting, demonstrating a progression in complexity and number of projects.
Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Accounting.
Minimum of forty hours continuing professional education is required each year.
Performs diversified accounting, auditing, and consulting assignments under the direction of Supervisor, Manager or Partner.
Demonstrates competency in technical skills, work quality, and application of professional and Firm standards.
Meets time constraints and client deadlines.
Participates in planning and scheduling client projects.
Directs and instructs Associates, where applicable, in work to be performed and working paper review.
Suggests client planning ideas to Supervisor, Manager, or Partner.
Prepares routine correspondence to client for approval and signature of a Partner; writes comments for management letters.
Performs the broadest range of accountant tasks so that direct participation of Supervisors, Managers, or Partners is kept to a minimum.
Assists in recruiting entry-level and experienced staff by serving as “greeters” for on-campus interviews and such other recruiting duties as needed and attend Beta Alpha Psi events, career days, and functions at colleges and universities sponsored by the Firm.
Attends to client service and adding value to clients’ businesses is an integral part of the job requirements and demonstrates the ability to identify cross-selling opportunities and follow through with those opportunities or refer them to other professionals if necessary.
Takes responsibility for accuracy of data entry, accumulation, and maintenance in all aspects of what we do as an accounting and consulting Firm.
Learns through Mentor or direct Manager proper delegation and management of workload and demonstrates ability to properly delegate and manage workload.
Assists in marketing the Firm.
Career Track Guidelines:
· Perform all duties described under job description.
· Develop technical proficiency and competence.
· Work effectively as part of a client service team.
· Contribute to positive work environment by assisting other Senior Associates, Associates, and Interns.
· Develop rapport with the Firm’s existing clients.
· Gain in depth understanding of HORNE's existing clients.
· Demonstrate an understanding of appropriate business etiquette, including proper dress and business correspondence.
· Seek to learn through training and individual study.
· Participate in Mentoring Program and Recruiting.
· Work on more complex technical areas as ability to assume more responsibility is demonstrated.
· Demonstrate strong time and work management skills necessary to manage the increasingly complex schedule of the Senior Associate.
· Become fully aware of the Firm’s services and begin to develop professional relationships.
· Begin to build your personal network by attending professional / community / trade meetings; therefore, increase your peer-level business contacts.
Since our founding in 1962, HORNE has become a leader in the CPA and business advisory industry. The driving force of our accounting and business advisory firm is--and always will be--our close personal attention to our clients' needs. Emphasizing innovation and forward-looking ideas, HORNE is a top 100 firm in the nation and a top 10 firm in the Southeast. From office locations in Mississippi, Tennessee, Alabama, Louisiana and Texas, our team members deliver to clients across the United States. EEO/AA/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Business Advisory & Acctg