About AGL Resources
AGL Resources (NYSE: GAS) is an Atlanta-based energy services holding company with operations in natural gas distribution, retail operations, wholesale services, midstream operations and cargo shipping. As the nation’s largest natural gas-only distributor based on customer count, AGL Resources serves approximately 4.5 million utility customers through its regulated distribution subsidiaries in seven states. The company also serves more than one million retail customers through its SouthStar Energy Services joint venture and Nicor National, which market natural gas and related home services. Other non-utility businesses include asset management for natural gas wholesale customers through Sequent Energy Management, ownership and operation of natural gas storage facilities, and ownership of Tropical Shipping, one of the largest containerized cargo carriers serving the Bahamas and Caribbean region . For more information, visit www.aglresources.com .
This position is being posted as part of a job family.
The position may be filled at either the Senior Auditor (Grade I) or Advanced Staff Auditor (Grade H). Individuals who demonstrate advanced skills in terms of work experience, education and certifications may be eligible for the advanced grade.
The purpose of this position is to conduct, financial, SOX and/or operational audits to ensure an adequate internal control structure and safeguarding of assets using an audit approach driven by industry and business risks that impact operational effectiveness, compliance to regulations and laws and adherence to company policies and procedures. This role requires attention to detail and highly effective analytical, communication and relationship-building skills which are necessary to provide best in class internal audit services to clients and drive results for the organization. Additionally, strong project management abilities and at least novice supervisory skills are essential to adequately support audit leadership and management teams.
- Responsible for retrieving basic audit data from internal information systems
- Responsible for executing non-SOX audit procedure testing
- Responsible for drafting audit report for targeted or less complex non-SOX audits
- Assists in consolidating findings and drafting audit report for complex non-SOX audits
- Responsible for executing SOX test plans and documenting results
- Participates in the execution of corporate and fraud investigations
- Participates in communicating, implementing, and executing audit plan & audit activities
- Responsible for performing process and control analysis (strength, weakness, gaps)
- Responsible for developing non-SOX audit test plans
- Responsible for evaluating and analyzing ACL test results and outputs
- Responsible for defining and drafting non-SOX audit issues as a result of audit testing
- Responsible for assessing and rating issues/findings for non-SOX audits
- Responsible for formulating audit recommendations for non-SOX audit findings/reports
- Participates in coordinating/planning detailed SOX activities
- Responsible for designing SOX test plans
- Documents, analyzes, and drafts SOX issues/exceptions identified
- Participates in major business process improvement or system implementation projects
- Liaise continuously w/ clients to keep abreast elements that impact plan
- Participates in conducting non-SOX audit meetings (entrance, status, exit)
- Coordinates and collaborates non-SOX audit interviews during audit planning activities
- Assists in providing direction and guidance to staff during all phases of the audit
- Leverages and obtains information, documents and support from owners to conduct audits
- Communicates exceptions of SOX testing to appropriate process owners
- Assists coordination mgmt. responses & assess mitigation adequacy (less complex audits)
- Coordinates and performs follow-up activities/procedures to measure audit issue progress
Education and Experience:
• Bachelors Degree
• At least 2 years audit or comparable experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 4 years audit or comparable professional experience
- Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Information Systems, Economics
- CPA, CIA, CFE, CFA, CFFA, CISA, CISM, FRM, or CMA
Specific Skills & Knowledge (Internal Audit Core Competencies):
- At least 1 year project lead or supervisory experience
- Internal Auditing Standards / GAAP / COSO
- Comprehension and assessment of the organizational structure and components of AGL Resources, the role of Internal Audit and proficient application of professional skills and competencies with regard to the internal control environment.
- Comprehension and strategic application of the Internal Audit methodology with relevance and in conjunction with the internal control framework, consistent performance delivery and management expectations.
- Continuously positioned to remain abreast of profession and industry trends/updates to effectively test the integrity and effectiveness of the business to agreed standards and delivering insights for change which will improve performance.
- Consistently seeks to develop and maintain relationships while maintaining objectivity as a trusted advisor. Engages to provide constructive feedback on business issues making the case for change in a compelling way through effective communication.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements: Occasional to Regular Traveler
Disclaimer: This information describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this job. The description is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees in the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to qualified disabled individuals for performance of essential duties and responsibilities.
- Occasional Traveler (5-20% travel) – The incumbent will be required to travel on occasion. Trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay away from home for one or more nights
AGL Resources is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
AGL Resources brings its resources to customers in seven states through its fleet of utilities. Its Nicor Gas unit has 2.2 million customers...