MTS Systems Corporation is a leading global supplier of high-performance test systems and position sensors. The Company’s testing hardware and software solutions help customers accelerate and improve their design, development, and manufacturing processes and are used for determining the mechanical behavior of materials, products, and structures. You may not know us, but you certainly know our customers!
We are seeking a Senior Auditor to lead and participate on internal audits and be responsible for advisory work of various controls, processes, and regulatory / SOX compliance across the corporation. This position req uires 30 - 40% domestic and international travel throughout the year.
- Develop an understanding of the business, including operating processes, business processes, policies and procedures, and self-governance practices.
- Apply IIA audit standards, processes and techniques to lead and execute thorough and efficient internal audits. Evaluate the design and operational effectiveness of internal controls.
- Create project strategies, timelines, templates, and deliverables for new projects.
- Participate in risk assessment activities and provide input on the internal audit plan.
- Take responsibility for assigned tasks and projects; manage the time budget and communicate progress effectively.
- Perform effective detailed peer reviews of other internal auditors’ work to promote consistent documentation standards and compliance with the audit strategy.
- Lead opening and closing meetings with business management. Document relevant facts, recommendations and evidence to support audit testing and conclusions
- Establish credibility with internal customers, managers and staff. Present yourself as a professional.
- Write audit reports using correct business English and following the protocols established by the department.
- Conduct interactive and professional interviews with internal clients/customers and think through appropriate follow up questions. Hold discussions with operating personnel to understand root causes for events. Demonstrate effective listening skills. Establish strong customer relationships.
- Provide effective coaching and counsel to our clients/customers to help them become more proficient in reducing risk and increasing compliance in their respective businesses.
- Engage in professional development activities, including completion of professional certification as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years’ experience in an internal audit / risk consulting capacity.
- Ability and willingness to travel both domestically and internationally for up to 30% of the year.
- MBA or advanced degree
- Experience can be in any industry segment, though manufacturing and/or public accounting experience preferred.
- Professional certification such as CPA, CMA, or CIA is a plus.
- Sarbanes-Oxley experience desired.
- Exposure to SAP, JD Edwards and AS400 software/systems is preferred.
- Excellent proficiency in English business writing and speaking. Ability to clearly communicate technical information to non-technical audiences and to all levels within a corporate environment.
- Second language skills preferred (especially Chinese, German, or French)
- Excellent understanding of risks and controls.
- Comfortable with ambiguity; flexible and adaptable. Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Driven and motivated to get results; takes initiative; follows through on deliverables.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic. Exhibits confidence.
- Demonstrates professional skepticism; appropriately questions the status quo.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/M/F/V/D
E-mail and password are case sensitive. Forgot your password?
For assistance, please see the Applicant Guide ,
or send an email to EmploymentCoordinator@mts.com
For Special Accommodation, click here .
Information about Security
© 2007 | All Rights Reserved. | Powered by HRsmart | Human Resources Software
MTS Systems Corporation - 17 months ago
In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes -- and those things tested by MTS Systems. The company produces testing systems that...