The NYC Campaign Finance Board, a nonpartisan, independent agency that enhances the role of New York City residents in elections, seeks an experienced Senior Auditor to manage a team within its Auditing and Accounting Unit. We offer a dynamic work environment, training, growth potential, and excellent benefits.
Essential Skills :
- Perform complex financial, compliance and investigative audits of political campaigns.
- Supervise, train, and evaluate auditors and compliance analysts in performing audit work.
- Coordinate team assignments for auditors and compliance analysts.
- Review the work performed by auditors and compliance analysts; approve work papers, audit findings and audit reports.
- Communicate with Management and other CFB Units on various audit and compliance issues.
- Assist other CFB Units in compliance, investigation and enforcement actions.
- The ideal candidate will be a team player capable of managing a team and meeting tight deadlines.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, communication (both verbal and written), and organizational skills.
- A strong work ethic and meticulous attention to detail.
- Background or interest in politics and government.
- A master's degree or pursuing a graduate degree from an accredited college and at least three years of experience in one or a combination of the following: financial administration, accounting, compliance or investigative auditing, fraud reviews, forensic accounting, budget administration, economics, finance, fiscal or economic research, fiscal management, personnel or public administration, program evaluation; or a related area; OR a satisfactory combination of education and experience in the areas described above.
- New York City residency must be obtained within 90 days of starting the position.
- Previous experience in performing audits in accordance with Generally Accepted (Government) Auditing Standards.
- Previous supervisory experience strongly preferred.
idealist.org - 17 months ago