The Power Authority is seeking a dynamic individual to fill a Senior Auditor position in its White Plains, New York office. The Internal Audit Department is an independent appraisal, objective and consultation function whose purpose is to provide management at all levels and the Audit Committee of the Board of Trustees with objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve the organization’s internal control structure and operations.
As a key member of the Internal Audit team, the Senior Auditor will plan, organize, execute and control Authority-wide Internal Audit program which may include financial audits, operational audits, compliance audits or vendor audits.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to :
This position requires approximately 25% travel within New York State
- Develop preliminary audit plan and develop risk assessment, audit scope and procedures.
- Conduct audits in an efficient manner in accordance with the Professional Practice of Internal Audit and the Code of Ethics developed by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Survey and document procedures and transaction flows.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the internal control framework and adequacy of compliance.
- Execute audit procedures and participate on audit work as necessary to complete the plan.
- Identify audit issues and prepare audit reports with practical recommendations.
- Review audit issues and recommendations with management
Good working knowledge of auditing standards, GAAP, GAGAS as well as IIA standards. Sound analytical abilities along with the ability to recognize audit issues and develop practical solutions.
Effective written/verbal communication skills and presentation skills. Proficient computer skills. Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to exercise independent judgment, collect and analyze data for logical conclusions and attention to detail.
A Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, business or equivalent. CPA or CIA desirable.
Minimum 5 years of experience in auditing, preferable combination of Big 4 and major organization/company audit experience. Familiarity with electric utility industry and COSO Internal Control Framework is a plus.
The New York Power Authority (NYPA) is the nation’s largest state power organization, operating 17 generating facilities and more than...