This position is responsible for auditing client data, generating claims and turning those claims to revenue for the organization. Responsibilities include coordinating work efforts on various audit projects with minimal to no supervision.
- Audits without direct supervision; audits beyond specific tools/reports by applying audit experience and a wide variety of claim approaches.
- Inspects and evaluates client financial information including buyers’ files, client standards, manifests, purchase orders, invoices and freight invoices in order to audit and analyze the client’s business operations.
- Understands and manipulates client electronic data to identify discrepancies.
- Produces claims in accordance with client guidelines and PRGX procedures, updates claims management system, and bills claims to client; actively contacts vendors as part of the claim production process; independently produces written correspondences to vendor inquiries.
- Builds relationships with both clients and vendors.
- Provides senior level input/research on claims challenged by client.
- Analyzes and assesses problems regarding client’s claims procedure and business operations based on appropriate audit concepts.
- Develops new audit concepts for increased revenues.
- Produces number and dollar volume of claims goals as defined by team leader and/or management.
- Adheres to the overall timing and deadline of an audit cycle.
- Moves efficiently between different audits with accuracy and flexibility.
- Recommends changes in operations and audit activities; develops and recommends new audit processes; communicates with management and IT on new processes and pushes new concepts down to entire team.
- Performs quality control audits behind less experienced auditors; reviews claims for accuracy and compliance prior to submission to the client.
- Shares best practices.
- Provides training of less experienced auditors and staff.
- Assists in the design of project tools.
- Assists in client reporting.
- Contributes to the success of the organization by helping others accomplish job results; learning new skills needed by the team; finding new ways to help the team.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prefer 4+ years of related experience in an office environment.
- Computer proficiency in Excel and/or Access is a must. Prefer candidates with database knowledge (dbase or SQL environment).
- Preference given to candidates with experience in retail or grocery procurement, and A/P processing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Solid computer skills in Excel and Access required.
- Experience in accounting, finance, accounts payable, merchandising, buying, or audit a plus.
- Ability to work well in an individual and team environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to remain stationary; move; lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. The employee must regularly sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The Company does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment based upon race, color, national origin, genetic information, religious beliefs, gender, age, disability, U.S. veteran status, or any other protected classifications, activities, or conditions as required by federal, state and local laws.