Main Purpose of the Job
The Innovation quadrant has emerged to prominently ensure that the future IT needs of the business are paramount and that all aspects of a business issue or opportunity are analyzed to ensure an optimal and complete solution. While the solution will usually identify computer system requirements, of equal importance are the business processes, the jobs and the people who do the work.
The position's main duties are to analyse business requirements and deliver EDW/BI solution designs coordinating activities across ETL, Modeling, Front-End, Security and Performance design.
- Takes responsibility for investigative work to determine requirements, and specify effective BI technical solutions. Organizes their implementation through improvements in information systems, data management, practices and, organization.
- Must be able to serve as a technical expert to the project team and key business individuals.
- Applies and monitors the use of required ETL, modelling and analysis tools, methods and standards in an intelligent and effective way.
- Mentoring and providing technical consultancy to team members by demonstrating expertise in Teradata and Front-End technologies. Build technical and solution design expertise in Bi CoE.
- Co-operates with senior IT and IM staff as required, supporting investigations at a high level for strategy studies, requirements specifications and feasibility studies. Maintains technical awareness at a level where alternatives can be analyzed, modelled and classified according to technical feasibility and performance.
- Utilizes business experience and technical skills to assess and advise on the practicability of alternatives, marrying up technical limitations with operational realities.
- Takes responsibility as needed for the detailed specification and design of recommended solutions using resources, standards, methods and tools as required. Maintains links with appropriate counterparts within Innovation, S&T and ES-IT functions and plays a full part in bringing systems to implementation as detailed by organization policies and methods.
- Applies available standards, methods and tools in an intelligent and effective way, and produces a consistently high standard of documentation of both a technical and a descriptive nature.
- To oversee portions of technology and process improvement activities (External and internal orientation)
- Supports the coordination with Business Partnering to translate required multi-country Business demands into cluster/local technology and processes
- To support the consultation and influencing the main Stakeholders on benefits and impacts of processes and technology transformation
- To assure the business is aware of implemented capabilities, and to seek opportunities for benefit maximization (usability, exploitation).
- Reinforce IT governance
- Propose streamline activities for IT technologies and processes and work to eliminate redundancy.
- Coordinate with Business Partnering to set up methodologies that enable the business to easily adopt new and existing solutions
- Level 4 application support (Issue resolution and new configuration validation which represent impacts to the regional model)
Relevant Experience :
- Strategy & Technology (CTO/Architecture)
- Enterprise Support (IM & IT)
- Applications suppliers
- External Business and IT communities
Unilever offers a competitive compensation package which includes: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses, domestic partners & children; Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, Retirement & Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
- BS in computer science or Engineering from a recognized accredited college.
- Minimum of 7 years of IT experience in a complex business environment
- Minimum of 7 years background in large data warehousing environment with Teradata experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of Teradata expertise including application design, performance mgmt and ROLAP architecture
- Minimum of 5-7 years working knowledge of Frond-end tools like Microsoft-BI, Tableau, SAS etc and optimal way to integrate FE tools with Teradata
- Knowledge of associated business processes in this space.
- Experience in Busness Intelligence and Application Design
- Strong consultation, interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Must be able to work with both technical and business groups to develop robust EDW/BI solutions.
- Must have excellent problem solving, customer service, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of front-end tools
- Experience in security architecture in an Teradata environment.
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete an online assessment. Completion of the assessment is mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and assessment.
If the assessment is filled out partially or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the assessment at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.
Unilever - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
160 million times a day, some-one somewhere chooses a Unilever product.
Our brands include Dove, Knorr, Hellmann’s, Becel/Flora,...