Senior BIM Applications Specialist (Job Number: 321598)
SAIC Energy, Environment and Infrastructure, LLC is looking for a talented and technology driven Senior BIM Applications Specialist with extensive AEC market multi-discipline software support in the Autodesk Design Suites and specifically the full Autodesk Revit verticals and Navisworks Manage platforms.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director of BIM/CAD Technologies, the Senior BIM Applications Specialist will work closely with our passionate and dedicated BIM corporate support team to offer advanced and deep knowledge domain support to our full service Architecture and Engineering staff.
SAIC is proud to have implemented Building Information Modeling as a process and technology that integrates within the fabric of our design and construction projects. This very unique and key-role will focus efforts on continued growth of a culture that’s adopting BIM offering very sophisticated Revit content development specifically in Revit Architecture and MEP, hosting advanced training sessions for Architects, Structure / Mechanical Engineers equally to further their Revit Modeling skills following each project. This position will also focus on outside consulting opportunities that engages our BIM Corporate Team on establishing advanced BIM solutions and standards in the Revit Architecture and Revit MEP areas for our customers. BIM Support Tasks:
• Expert levels in Autodesk Revit MEP, Structure and Architecture packages
• Develop training material for all Autodesk Revit Packages and lead training sessions
• Advanced and intelligent Autodesk Revit Architecture, MEP and Structure content development
• Expertise in developing families at complex nested levels with formula based approach
• Develop families with look-up tables in Revit MEP
• Lead project set-up for teams and offices independently for all disciplines
• Set-up, coordinate and lead BIM project kick-off meetings with Architects and Engineers
• Represent SAIC Corporate BIM Team with external clients as SME on Autodesk Revit Verticals
• Work as part of a BIM/CAD support team to achieve consistent results.
• Daily model management administration and maintenance with all disciplines and flavors a must
• Provide REVIT Architecture, Structure and MEP desktop support.
• Over the shoulder training, developing and shadowing to staff.
• Lead the effort of content download from vendors, scrub in accordance to SAIC standards
• Ability to support all Revit platforms in different configurations: offices, cloud-based and clients
BIM Coordination Tasks
• BIM 360 Glue for models coordination / clashes
• Grow skill-sets in project BIM Job Captains to learn multiple Revit flavors and learn Navisworks
• Assist projects dynamically throughout our offices to run clash-detection reporting and resolution
• Work with Senior Interoperability Specialist to provide input on needs for Revit API development
• Lead the effort of BIM project execution documentation
• Independently handle documentation and graphics generation of process and workflow driven material relating to BIM and VDC culture and execution
BIM Project Collaboration
• Design / Construction – Navisworks complex animations and sequencing based on schedules
• Ability to work with downstream BIM effects on other design platforms: Plant, CADworx
Basic Information Technology Support
• Build Autodesk software deployment packages for portfolio of products including service packs
• Deploy, configure and test Autodesk software applications
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: High School diploma and 8 years of related experience or Undergraduate degree in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management 3 plus years of experience.
• 6 – 8 years of Revit Architecture, MEP and Structure support in AEC industry preferred
• Prefer 3 – 5 years of US Army Corps of Engineers project expertise including attachment F
• Advanced Revit Families Content Development for all Revit Flavors is a MUST
• Eager to support staff with positive attitude and patience.
• Ability to uphold the use of standards and escalate issues in a timely fashion.
• Utilize skills to fit the SAIC IT infrastructure and standards as necessary.
• Mastery if Naviswork Manage
• A minimum of 6-8 years of professional Autodesk products development, deployment and support:
- REVIT Architecture, MEP, Structure 2013
- AutoCAD 2013 / AutoCAD Architecture 2013
- Navisworks: Manage and Review.
• VDC technical support for construction groups such as iPADS and Primavera would be a big plus
• Working knowledge of design industry workflows, production cycle and priorities.
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy & environment, health and cybersecurity. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of approximately $10.6 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2012. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Feb 6, 2013, 8:29:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-OK-OKLAHOMA CITY
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
SAIC - 17 months ago
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...