Would you like to develop large-scale highly available secure online services and infrastructure for games? Write code that is used by thousands of developers in hundreds of games? Work with a team that consistently ships multi-million unit selling games? And be a part of creating something Epic ? If you answered yes to any of those questions we would like to talk to you about joining our team, where everything we do is Epic .
Epic Games is building a team to develop large-scale highly available secure online services and infrastructure to support innovative connected online gaming for new and existing IPs that is going to revolutionize the gaming industry. In this position you will play a critical part in the success of the online group at Epic Games.
While we are ideally looking for a senior or principal level engineer we are open to candidates with relevant experience at varying levels. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Reviews, designs and oversees the implementation and iteration of scalable, secure, highly available, and critical backend services
- Reviews and helps implementing the overall system architecture for Epic Games
- Participates in setting up technical roadmap
- Provides input to the products roadmap, including milestones schedules and deliverables
- Maintains and communicates technical risks across the group
- Collects and analyzes metrics from online services
- Mentors and coaches engineers
- Follows the industry trends in the online world
- Must be able to understand and perform any technical tasks within the team
- Fluent in Java or other object oriented language. Knowledge in functional programming is a big asset
- Extensive experience with web services protocols
- Strong knowledge and extensive experience in online technologies, including distributed systems, security, networking protocols, and cloud technologies
- Extensive experience with secure scalable system architectures and deployments
- Extensive experience with cloud technologies, preferably AWS cloud services
- Extensive experience with database technologies, both relational and non-relational
- BS or BA degree in Computer Science or related field. Master’s Degree a plus
- Deep understanding of Spring framework
- Experience with distributed systems such as Hadoop, Zookeeper, etc
- Experience with caching solutions such as Oracle Coherence, Memcached, etc.
- Experience with deployment tools such as Chef, Puppet, Fabric, etc.
Epic Games - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard -