Senior Behavioral Health Care Advocate, RN
- Focus on initial inpatient admission for psychiatric and chemical dependency patients
- Making patient assessments and determining appropriate levels of care
- Obtaining information from providers on outpatient requests for treatment
- Determining if additional clinical treatment sessions are needed
- Managing inpatient and outpatient mental health cases throughout the entire treatment plan
- Administering benefits and reviewing treatment plans
- Coordinating benefits and transitions between various areas of care
- Identifying ways to add value to treatment plans and consulting with facility staff or outpatient care providers on those ideas
Additional Preferred Assets:
- Active, unrestricted RN license in state of North Carolina
- 2+ years of clinical experience in the Behavioral Health setting
- Proficient level of experience with Microsoft Word and Excel, and the ability to navigate a Windows environment
- Must live within a commutable distance of Greensboro, NC office (50 min or 50 miles)
- Ability to perform in a fast paced, high demand environment
- Adapts well to frequent change in process
OptumHealth helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their health care needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
- Previous managed care experience
- Certified Case Manager (CCM)
- Experience working with the Medicare population
OptumHealth is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.
If you want more meaning in your career - as a clinician or a business professional - think of OptumHealth as your calling.
By providing 58 million Americans with information, tools and solutions, we are helping to guide them through the health care system, financing their health care needs, and enabling them to achieve their personal health and well-being goals.
At OptumHealth, you will perform within an innovative culture that's focused on transformational change in the health care system. You will leverage your skills across a diverse and multi-faceted business. And you will make contributions that will have an impact that's greater than you've ever imagined.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
UnitedHealth Group - 18 months ago
When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours.
We have modest goals: Improve the lives of...