Reporting to the Benefits Manager, the position will use independent judgment and discretion in administering the firm's domestic and international health and welfare plans. The Benefits Specialist primary responsibility will be for oversight of day to day administration and compliance of the firm’s domestic and international health and welfare benefit programs and plans. In addition, it is expected that the candidate will have some general knowledge and/or experience with the administration of retirement programs and will provide back up support for the firm's domestic and international retirement programs. The candidate will participate as a team member of the Human Resources Department in the achievement of the goals and objectives of the firm.
• Responsible for administration of various domestic and international benefit programs including self-insured medical and dental, vision, wellness, life and accident insurances including worker’s compensation, pretax spending accounts, and voluntary fringe benefits.
• Provide and maintain the highest level of client service to internal and external clients and service providers. Effectively analyze and respond to complex benefit cases and use sound judgment and decision-making skills to bring cases to appropriate resolution.
• Collect, analyze, and present statistical benefits plan data; identify trends, evaluate and prioritize issues, recommend solutions to problems and negative trends. Coordinate the compilation of benefit information and reporting needed to administer benefit plans. Manage data and participate in benefit surveys.
• Responsible for governmental filings and communications.
• Assist in management of day to day relationship with TPAs with employees, customer service, claims resolution, payroll contributions, COBRA and retiree benefit and administration.
• Assist in system review, testing and implementation.
• Reviews communication drafts for accuracy, detail and completeness. Works with internal communications and other team members as needed to identify communication needs and finalize documents.
• Maintain accurate records and files pertaining to the firm’s welfare benefit plans. Responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of all interfaces sent to carriers and vendors.
• Manage annual open enrollment process.
• Assist in developing wellness program and a variety of other programs related to employee benefits and employee health/fitness.
• Act as back-up for Benefits Department staff as needed including the retirement programs.
• Participate in and provide support for special projects and other tasks as needed.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• A minimum of five years work experience in health and welfare plan benefits administration.
• Proficient in PeopleSoft administration and reporting
• Proficient in Windows based applications, including Access, Excel, Word and PowerPoint and our employee database PeopleSoft.
• Positive attitude, good attention to detail and commitment to excellent customer service.
• Use clear and concise writing skills to effectively communicate and exert appropriate influence to drive successful outcomes for programs/projects.
• Ability to work in a team environment and individually, as well as a desire to learn new skills and take on additional responsibilities.
• Maintain strict confidentiality of the firm's internal and personnel matters.
• Be flexible and able to work under tight deadlines, handle multiple tasks, and respond quickly to changing priorities. Contribute a high level of output to achieve goals and team deliverables.
• Consistently delivers high quality execution of complex programs/projects. Shares alternative solutions to identify a better end result to specific issues or problems facing the team and quickly assess situation for best course of action.
• Work in a collaborative style and environment and actively solicits input from diverse perspectives to improve team and department deliverables.
• Maintain a professional demeanor in all situations and interacts effectively with all levels, including attorneys, management, staff and retirees.
• Respond positively to feedback and suggestions.
• Work both independently or under specific direction.
• Work effectively within a culturally and educationally diverse, multi-office environment.
Normal office environment and schedule.
The above is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for, the performance of this job, and is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.
Ropes & Gray - 24 months ago