This position requires an Active TS/SCI Clearance
At Data Tactics, our vision is to remain a creative, cutting-edge and world class research, development and rapid deployment institution where our shared intellect, hard work and vanguard for our client’s trust make a positive difference in their success, the security of our country, and the lives of our employees. The Data Tactics team is comprised of industry recognized experts in the field of Enterprise Architecture, Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Engineering, System/Software Development, Data/Systems Integration, and Operations & Maintenance (O&M). We offer challenging and exciting opportunities which can advance your technical skills and provide you with compelling career growth. If you’re ready to push yourself and your career to new levels you should consider Data Tactics Corporation, where every day we strive to be the best at what we do!
Job Description and Responsibilities:
The Senior Big Data Engineer shall be responsible for carrying out engineering tasks to deliver a clustered computing environment. The engineer shall design and build large-scale data analytics platforms, using the specified open source, COTS, and GOTS technologies. The engineer shall establish a system that produces manageable, actionable intelligence from massive streams of a structured and semi-structured data. This is a broad engineering role which encompasses building of the core frameworks and platforms to deal with the complexities of ingesting, storing, and manipulating masses of data in real-time.
• Engineer, design, deliver, and document a distributed computing solution to process Big Data, using open source frameworks;
• Engineer, design, deliver distributed solutions with NoSQL frameworks;
• Transition Structured Query Language (SQL) and file system application data stores to a Big Data scalable framework;
• Analytics that discover and transform data from social networks;
• Engineer and deploy data-driven analytics and event driven analytics through rules engines;
• Document ontologies, data models, schemas, formats, data element dictionaries, software application program interfaces, and other technical specifications;
• Engineer analytics within a heterogeneous data environment; and
• Optimize data security access models to comply with security and audit policies.
Required Job Skills:
• 7+ years of experience in software development/ engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution;
• At least 4 years of experience developing software with high level languages such as Java, C, C++;
• Have demonstrated work experience with distributed scalable Big Data programming model and technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Pig, etc;
• Have demonstrated work experience with Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS);
• Have demonstrated work experience developing solutions integrating and extending FOSS/COTS products;
• Experience deploying applications in a cloud environment;
• Understanding of Cloud Scalability;
• Hadoop/Cloud Developer Certification
• Experience designing and developing automated analytic software, techniques, and algorithms;
• Experience with taxonomy construction for analytic disciplines, knowledge areas and skills;
• Experience developing and deploying: data driven analytics, event driven analytics, sets of analytics orchestrated through rule engines;
• Experience developing and deploying analytics that discover and exploit social networks; and
• Experience developing and deploying analytics with heterogeneous data environment.
Data Tactics Corp. - 4 months ago