Job Description: Senior Billing Specialist
Requirements: The Billing Specialist will be directly responsible for the following billing and e-billing duties.
- Generates billing invoices using the system and the billing queue, and creates the payroll for court reporters or affiliates.
- Responsible for accurately billing for all products and services provided using billing guidelines.
- Accurately create payroll for court reporters within weekly timeframes.
- Ensure profit margins are met for each assignment.
- Ensure affiliate invoices are properly coded and forwarded to Accounts Payable.
- Ensure daily minimum billing standards are met.
- Interacts with other staff in the billing department. Assists other departments as needed.
- Prepare and submit weekly and monthly e-invoices to corporate clients timely and accurately.
- Ensure all client guidelines, internal protocol and firm's guidelines are followed during submission process.
- Act as liaison between billing and attorney/secretarial staff and clients' staff assigned to electronic billing.
- Populate, maintain and update data for assigned clients in the appropriate e-billing system and clients' external web applications. Ensure all relevant information is updated and correlated in the firm's preferred e-billing system.
- Coordinate resubmission of invoices with attorney/secretary, practice office accounting staff, and client representatives. Ensure corrective action is in place for future submissions.
- Assist e-billing supervisor with the transition of clients to electronic billing.
- Review clients' guidelines and other written communication. Ensure compatibility with Esquire billing policies and resolves any potential discrepancies before live rollout.
- Analyze e-billing industry trends, proactively seeking ways to improve current process, and maximize efficiency.
- Assist with special projects and ad-hoc requests as directed.
- Problem Solver
- Takes Initiative
- Team Player
- Bachelor's or Associates degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent experience
- Three (3) years experience in billing desired.
- Prior experience with Electronic Billing system preferred.
- Knowledge of several web based e-billing systems and vendors.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- High degree of initiative and ability to plan, prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to establish and maintain good relationships with individuals at many levels of internal and external organizations.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite particularly Excel and Word.
- Ability to test and troubleshoot multiple e-software applications, and identify potential problem areas.
- Ability to work in a team environment with a customer service focus.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with the appropriate discretion.
Esquire Solutions - 18 months ago