Our Environmental Services group is dedicated to managing environmental issues professionally and proactively. We provide integrated, multidisciplinary services to identify and assess liabilities and risks, and to develop solutions to site management, remediation, and mitigation. Our staff of professionals includes specialists in marine biology, wetland science, wildlife biology, soil science, fisheries biology, botany, hydrogeology, hydrology, water resources management, forestry, habitat and ecosystem restoration, permitting, GIS, information management, environmental monitoring, in-situ/ex-situ remedial design and implementation, human health and ecological risk assessments, air quality permitting and reporting, pipeline compliance, stormwater permitting and planning, and audit support services . We are seeking exceptionally talented and enthusiastic individuals with a keen interest in the natural sciences to join our team and advance their career.
Stantec is seeking a Senior Biologist to join our Biological Sciences team with a focus toward the following responsibilities:
- Act as the senior technical (biological) lead on complex projects
- Excellent technical review and organizational skills
- Ability to prepare and/or review permits including USFS Special Use Permits and water crossing permits (ACOE 404, RWQCB 401, CDFG 1600)
- CDFG 2081 Incidental Take Permit, USFWS section 10 and 7 consultation, NEPA/CEQA experience
- Consulting with clients and agencies on overall permitting and environmental compliance strategies.
- Assist in creating scopes and budgets
- Willingness to conduct field studies and investigations
- Willingness to mentor junior staff learning the permitting process
- Experience with Renewable Energy industry, oil & gas and pipeline industries a plus
- Bachelor of Science degree required in a related discipline from an accredited university; A Masters of Science degree in a related discipline would be preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience or 5 years with extensive and demonstrable experience that must include experience with NEPA/CEQA, oil and gas, and pipeline-related projects. Experience with renewable energy projects would be beneficial, but not required.
- Extensive knowledge of the biota in the western intermountain and desert region of the US, with knowledge and experience of state and federal wildlife protection regulations and guidelines for species of concern, state and federal listed species, and candidate species.
- Candidates should have a solid background in wildlife, taxonomy, and/or botany, and be familiar and proficient with current survey protocols and field project logistics.
- A willingness to conduct field biological surveys periodically and to work long hours in the field.
- Flexibility in work assignments - location and type of assignments will vary.
- Ability to organize and direct teams conducting field biological surveys throughout the western U.S.
- Experience in project coordination, assisting with project management duties, and preparing proposals.
- Experience developing and acquiring permits with USFWS, USACE, BLM and state agencies.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record required.
- Prior to employment, this position will require the successful completion of a pre-employment physical and drug screen.
Stantec - 12 months ago
Stantec knows you don't become one of the top global design firms by standing around. Through more than 150 locations in North...