We are seeking a Senior Level Bridge Engineer to function as a Section Manager for the Bridge Design group in Albany, NY.
- Provide technical leadership and oversight within Albany Bridge Design Section – This individual will lead design development ensuring appropriate standards and quality checks are implemented by the design staff. Will also assist Project Managers and the Technical Group Leader with scope/fee development for work within the technical discipline.
- Management of technical staff within section – The Section Manager will work closely with the Technical Leader for the hiring, terminating, promotion, recognition, and overall growth and performance of the technical staff within the Section. Will assist coordinating these efforts with Human Resources and the Technical Group Leader for their hiring/separations efforts, completing staff’s Career & Professional Development plans and performance appraisals, and rewarding technical staff for performance. This individual will also assist in the development and execution of technical training and regular communication with his/her staff.
- Plan staff allocation – This individual will assist the Technical Leader on project assignments to plan staff workload, assess backlog, and maximize the utilization goals of the technical staff. This individual will also manage his/her staff’s adherence to project budgets and schedules that are coordinated between this individual and the markets’ Project Managers.
- Allocate billable time to projects within market – This individual will be responsible for meeting a utilization goal by performing work on billable projects.
- 10+ years of related experience
- Proven hands on experience in all aspects of bridge design projects
- Demonstrating thorough knowledge of bridge engineering principles and the AASHTO and AREMA codes.
- BS Civil Engineering ABET - Structural Concentration
- Demonstrated leadership skills, communication skills and ability to work with various teams.
- Project management experience desirable.
- Strong communication skills and enthusiastic to lead in a team environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software; experience with bridge design software (Experience with bridge analysis and design programs and Microstation preferred)
- PE is Required
CHA Consulting, Inc.
- 2 years ago - save job