Produce bridge designs on fast paced design build projects in accordance with FDOT codes and design standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform bridge design, including supervision of plan preparation, for design build contracts and pursuits
- Ability to lead project teams as EOR and take projects from beginning to completion
- Perform structural modeling in FEM software
- Knowledge of AASHTO LFD and LRFD Bridge Design Specificaitons, FDOT
- Structural Design Guidelines and other related design codes
- Strong knowldege of Load Rating processes and programs
- Perform quantity take-offs and cost estimates for project budgeting and evaluation of alternatives
- Develop structural details for non-standard bridge components
- Assist project managers with project administrative activities including document, cost and schedule control, preparation of meeting minutes, and progress reports and invoices
- Perform independent checking of structural designs and plans
- Research and review design options for both technical & economical impact
- Other assignments as needed
Requires BSCE, but preferred is MSCE degree with emphasis in structures. Must have Florida P.E. license and a minimum of 7 years bridge design experience. Proficient in layout and design of non-complex conventional bridge structures. FDOT experience required. Requires knowledge of bridge design software and Microstation.
T.Y. Lin International - 7 months ago
T.Y. Lin International Group is a global, multi-disciplinary engineering services firm recognized for solving some of the most significant...