The Senior Budget Analyst oversees and coordinates all activities associated with the annual budgeting process. Serves as the primary contact for all budgeting related processes, including providing customer support. This position is heavily involved in all analysis associated with financial performance including long range planning and forecasting as well as statistical benchmarking of all performance metrics, including productivity and service line profitability analysis.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Coordinates the budgeting process to ensure appropriate control procedures are followed.
2. Coordinates budget preparation in accordance with timelines established by the Board of Trustees.
3. Provides all training and education needs for all Leadership to ensure budgeting processes are followed consistently.
4. Serves as primary driver and contact for Senior Leadership for setting key drivers of the budgeting process, including key financial performance targets and volumes.
5. Prepares all budget reports, books, and presentations used in board and committee packets and their related meetings.
6. Serves as the key resource person for accumulating and maintaining all department-specific statistical or volume data used in the budgeting process.
7. Serves as the key resource person for maintaining the budget software vendor relationship, including troubleshooting of software challenges.
8. Serves as key liaison with General Accounting in transferring final budgets into the general ledger system; reviews for accuracy and reconciles any differences resulting from interfaces.
9. Updates inputs into software as necessary or assigned for financial forecasting and long range planning; integrates forecasts into the annual budgeting process.
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required. Minimum of three (3) years progressively responsible budgetary and financial planning process experience required.
BryanLGH Medical Center - 12 months ago