Parkway Realty Services has an opportunity for a Senior Building Engineer in Jacksonville. The candidate will support the daily operation of several commercial office buildings. Responsibilities include maintenance of HVAC equipment, preventative maintenance, minor electrical repairs, lock repairs, minor plumbing repairs, and other tenant request repairs. Other responsibilities may include construction improvement projects, grounds projects, and other special projects. This position requires a minimum of 3 years of experience, mechanical equipment and HVAC knowledge, high school diploma, and a valid driver’s license. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in construction and SMT designation or similar. Candidates must be willing to be on call as needed and willing to work overtime when required. We offer the successful candidate a competitive benefits package. Parkway is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• Perform tenant requested tasks such as adjusting HVAC equipment, minor electrical repairs, lock repairs, and keying, minor plumbing repairs and other tenant requested repairs.
• Perform all duties of preventative maintenance.
• Train and monitor Assistant Engineers.
• Maintain day-to-day construction improvement projects.
• Responsible for implementing preventative maintenance operating budget.
• Will be responsible for building grounds to be kept in compliance with Parkway’s standards
• Any other duties as assigned by the Chief Engineer or the Property Manager.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• High School Diploma.
• Three years as an assistant building engineer or building engineer.
• Strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills.
• Strong leadership and supervisory skills.
• Must possess a team-oriented, winning attitude.
• Mechanical equipment and HVAC knowledge is required.
• Familiarity with blue prints, architectural terminology, building codes, competitive bid procedures and the duties of various trades.
• SMT Designation/or courses leading to a designation have been started.
• Must be willing to work overtime when required.
• Must be willing to be on call as needed.
• Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
Parkway Properties, Inc., a member of the S&P Small Cap 600 Index, is a self-administered real estate investment trust specializing in the ownership of quality office properties in higher growth submarkets in the Sunbelt region of the United States. Parkway owns or has an interest in 43 office properties located in nine states with an aggregate of approximately 11.9 million square feet of leasable space at January 1, 2013. Fee-based real estate services are offered through wholly-owned subsidiaries of the Company, which in total manage and/or lease approximately 10.8 million square feet for third-party owners at January 1, 2013.