The Office of Personnel Management is the central agency for human resources management for the Federal Government. One of our key functions is to provide human capital management solutions to Federal agencies worldwide. These solutions help agencies meet their unique missions and allow the Government to leverage the most innovative human capital concepts in the world, while saving time and money.
OPM's Human Resources Solutions organization is seeking a dynamic and enterprising professional to lead its marketing and research development efforts. The Senior Business Advisor is responsible for formulating, implementing, and evaluating marketing and business development strategies that advance human capital performance in the Federal Government. The incumbent directs the awareness efforts for our government-wide human resources management consulting, leadership development, and training and management assistance programs that provide customized solutions to Government agencies. The successful candidate must have a strong human capital management, marketing and business development background.
For more insight into OPM's Human Resources Solutions organization, please visit http://www.opm.gov/services-for-agencies/
This position is also being announced under the Agency's Merit Promotion Plan to federal employees and non-competitive appointment eligibles. If you wish to be considered under Merit Promotion or Non-Competitive procedures, you MUST apply under the Merit Promotion announcement 13-133-MAS-MP.
- U.S. Citizen
- Suitable for Federal employment, determined by a background investigation
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service
- Relevant experience (see Qualifications below)
- Leads the formulation of marketing and business development plans and strategies that advance key human resources products and services that result in improved human capital performance in Federal agencies
- Continuously assesses and researches the Government human capital field to ensure products and services meet the most pressing needs of the Federal Government
- Conducts research of human capital product development that results in streamlining and cost savings to Federal agencies
- Develops value proposition and awareness materials for all products and services
- Determines opportunities to leverage products from various practice areas to support human capital and organizational performance
- Responsible for developing and managing an effective cross-HRS customer relationship management (CRM) process
You must have one year of specialized experience at the GS-14 grade level in the Federal service or equivalent which includes developing marketing material; conducting market research studies; developing marketing strategies; and evaluating and researching the human capital field to provide solutions to customers' human capital needs.
You must meet all qualification and eligibility requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
We will review your application package to ensure you meet the job requirements. Your application package must support your answers to the occupational questionnaire. If your answers cannot be verified, your rating will be changed to an appropriate level.
All applicants will be rated on the following Skills or Competencies:
Knowledge of the designing, developing, and implementing of a Marketing/Business Development Program
Knowledge of Strategic Human Capital Management
If you meet all of the basic and minimum qualification requirements, your application will be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veteran's preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
OPM offers a comprehensive benefits package this link provides an overview of the benefits currently offered.
Relocation expenses may be paid. Current OPM career employees may qualify as an exception.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
usajobs.gov - 24 months ago