Concur (NASDAQ: CNQR) is a leading provider of travel and expense management solutions. As a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) provider, Concur’s easy-to-use cloud-based and mobile solutions help companies and their employees control costs and save time. By driving innovation in the travel and expense industry, Concur is on a mission to create The Perfect Business Trip for both the individual traveler and enterprise organizations. In 2013, Concur was named “Best Self-Booking Tool at the Business Travel Awards. Powering evolution in travel technology, the Concur Connect platform enables the entire travel and expense ecosystem of customers, suppliers and solution partners to access and extend Concur’s T&E cloud. Concur is trusted by thousands of companies in more than 100 countries and reaches millions of employees worldwide.
The Business Analyst is a functional analyst supporting Concur’s Information Technology department. A key to this role’s success will depend upon the candidate’s ability to maintain strong working relationships with our internal business partners - finance, accounting, sales, implementation and others as necessary. This role will partner with internal clients and users to provide support and recommendations through requirements gathering, documentation, analysis, functional design, and implementation plans. Additionally, you will be responsible for preparing appropriate communication and presentations as well as play a significant role in effective change management.
This role will assist in coordinating and assembling cross functional teams, creating project plans, managing scope and resource planning, leveraging proven standards within a project management framework to execute daily work activities.
- Interact with end-user community, business applications teams and operations personnel throughout the process of selecting, designing developing, implementing and maintaining technology / software to ensure customer needs are met and appropriate capacity, controls and system integrity are maintained.
- Facilitate one-on one interview or group interviews to elicit requirements and help develop a consensus about the requirements.
- Elicit, analyze, validate and document business, organizational and operational requirements. Create Business requirements Documents (BRD).
- Collect and analyze feedback from end-users to create/refine requirements.
- Publish, distribute and ensure sign-off of the business requirements Document.
- Change management – creating and transitioning processes to reflect the end state.
- Analyze and determine problem/opportunity/solution resolution.
- Identify, track and analyze key metrics that Review, analyze and recommend improvements to business processes.
- Work with key stakeholders and executive sponsors to define project deliverables, key measures of success, and estimated ROI.
- Maintain excellent communication regarding project status and priorities with project sponsors, driving planning and tracking of tasks, schedule, resources, dependencies and success criteria.
- Maximize productivity of existing resources, increase throughput and utilization and plan for capacity changes.
- Serve as liaison between technical and non-technical departments in order to ensure that all targets and requirements are met.
- Comply with corporate policies.
Education, Experience & Training required:
- Bachelor’s or graduate degree in a business, accounting/finance, technology or equivalent preferred
- 6+ years Business analysis experience required.
- Experience in working with cross functional teams in determining requirements.
- Experience writing business requirements, functional specifications, detailed design documents, technical requirements, and test plans.
- Experience in creating stakeholder presentations and writing user communication
- Change management training / experience
- Experience designing interfaces and creating specs for development.
- Proven experience in IT business analyst / functional analyst role(s)
- Software or related industry experience preferred.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Ability to pass a background check.
Job Specific Specialized Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience in facilitating sessions with a cross section of users to understand business needs and requirements.
- Ability to diagnose complex technical integration issues
- Ability to think broadly about business process interactions, and how these processes intersect with systems.
- Demonstrated experience with project execution in one or more of the following areas: technology solutions; projects to improve customer and/or business collaboration / productivity, or projects to deliver quality or cost reduction through improvements to operational processes.
- Experience working with functional business owners.
- Must demonstrate a solid understanding of Communication skills, documentation & creating effective presentations
- Solid understanding of Project Life Cycle (Requirement, scope, test, etc)
- Solid understanding of business and IT processes
- Strong understanding of change management for business processes and systems
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including strong communication and influence with senior level management.
- Experience with MS Office (Power Point, Visio, MS Project, Word, Excel)
Critical Performance Competencies:
- Strong analytical skills
- Self motivated & self directed
- Ability to effectively communicate to all levels of the organization
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Accepts responsibility, accountability and takes pride in their work
- Meets and manages deadlines effectively
- Positive attitude
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Displays passion for & responsibility to the customer
- Hires, develops & rewards great people
- Displays leadership through innovation in everything you do
- Displays a passion for what you do and a drive to improve
- Displays a relentless commitment to win
- Displays personal & corporate integrity
Concur is an Equal Opportunity Employer and applies this policy to all applicants and employees. We are committed to hiring and valuing a global diverse work team. (M/F/D/V)
Concur is a dynamic, growing and fast-paced organization. As such, successful employees are able to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple priorities often times under tight deadlines. This typically requires working a 40+ hour work week to accomplish performance objectives. With that, Concur offers flexibility as to the specific working hours that may be required or available depending on your role.
Concur is a SaaS company. Employees must be technically savvy with the ability to use the computer/keyboard and telephone to conduct business. The ability to creatively problem solve to our core value of ‘Leadership through innovation in everything we do’. Many positions within Concur are customer facing so written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills are required for a majority of opportunities with Concur.
Confidentiality and our core value ‘Personal and corporate integrity’ are critical components being that Concur is a publicly traded company and working towards building a great, enduring company.
Concur participates in E-Verify to confirm work authorization.
Concur (NASDAQ: CNQR) is the world’s leading provider of integrated travel and expense management solutions. Web and mobile-based,...