Job Posting |
Covance is hiring a Senior Business Analyst, HR Application Interface for it's Princeton, NJ location.
The Senior Business Analyst is responsible for supporting and extending Human Resources cloud-based (vendor hosted) web applications with interfaces. Under general direction, the Senior Business Analyst partners with HR staff to understand requirements, maps application data flows, develops a long-term HR technology integration strategy, and executes that strategy by working with developers to build, deploy and support application interfaces.
• Provide overall strategic support for HR interfaces, including interface development and data standards
• Gather business requirements and create a business case to support the proposed solution; Manage customer expectations to ensure consistency with the HR Technology strategy and roadmap
• Develop specifications that can be shared with internal and third party resources for the creation of proposals and system development; Evaluate proposals and make recommendations for vendor selection
• Design and develop solutions that best leverage employee data in the application and reporting; Lead the implementation team in delivering the solution
• Partner with vendors to ensure effective utilization of technology and manage them as required to implement system enhancements, upgrades and fixes
• Document application procedures and governance; Collaborate with functional owners on development of end user training materials; Participate in delivery of technology training
• Consult on interface governance and data management best practices
• Perform day-to-day HR application management and support, including providing occasional back-up support
• Troubleshoot and resolve interface or application issues
Because of our passion and drive, Covance attracts the kind of people whose contribution has resulted in our exceptional growth. Once a part of our talented team, our employees stay at Covance to work in an environment that encourages career development, allows them to work alongside respected colleagues on challenging projects and provides a diverse global culture.
There is no better time to join us!
• 4 Year Degree in Business Administration, Information Systems or Human Resources Management
• Experience with translating functional requirements into technical specifications
• Strong project management, problem solving and analytical skills
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite of products, with a high level of competency in MS Project, Excel, Access and Visio
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to effectively interact and influence individuals at all levels within the organization
• Understanding of HR Management systems, operations and processes
• 6-8 Years experience with application integration design and support, including troubleshooting interface/messaging issues
• 6-8 Years application management experience, including all aspects of the software development life cycle, creation of support processes/documentation, and end-user support
• Some experience with reports design and reporting tools
• Knowledge of SQL and database design concepts a plus
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. (M/F/D/V). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.
Covance - 15 months ago
Covance Inc. is a drug development services company providing a range of early-stage and late-stage product development services on a...