“Insure" your futur e.
The Information Technology Department is looking to add a Sr. Business Analyst to our team that is devoted to providing comprehensive service to all ICW Group members. Our Sr. Business Analyst will be located in our beautiful Santa Clarita office and will serve as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization to provide technical solutions to meet user needs. You will have strong Business Analyst skills and can own the requirements gathering process and translation into functional specifications.
“Claim" your role. ICW is looking for stellar Sr. Business Analyst to work closely with our team. You will be participating in strategic project efforts and work directly with business users to define business requirements and functional specifications for new functionality and enhancements Responsibilities Include:
- Consults with business to develop understanding of business needs and the priority of those needs
- Analyzes and documents the business requirements and determines the impact of those requirements for various internal business departments
- Assists in continuous improvement efforts to enhance system performance and to provide enhanced functionality
- Participates in all phases of the project life cycle –proposal planning, project initiation and planning, design, configuration, testing, implementation and ongoing support
- Provides insurance industry and process flow input to IT staff (development and quality assurance) for the implementation of new systems/solutions and enhancements.
- Translates moderate level business requirements into functional specifications for the IT organization and manages changes to such specifications. Includes analysis of business and user needs, documenting requirements, and revising existing system logic difficulties as necessary.
- Educates the IT organization on the direction of the business
- Negotiates agreements and commitments by facilitating communication between business unit(s) and IT from initial requirements to final implementation.
- Bachelors degree from four-year college or university or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of relevant technical or business work experience, and in business analysis
- Experience in working on small to medium sized IT projects with a variety of business and IT groups
- Ability to communicate effectively with both business end users and IT technical staff
- Possesses an understanding of technological trends and uses this knowledge to bring solutions to business units supported to enhance the enterprise’s competitive edge
- Experience with Insurance, Telecommunications, or Financial institutions is a plus; either on business side or on IT side