Job Title: Sr. Business Analyst
Department: Finance & Planning (Chicago)
Reports To: VP Finance & Strategy
Status: Exempt Level
Summary of Position:
The Senior Business Analyst provides critical business guidance to the Organization by leading/ coordinating sales revenue forecasting, departmental budgets and monthly forecast for the business. The Senior Business Analyst works at a high level to analyze stakeholders’ business objectives to recommend and develop financial models and solutions to assist in driving overall business performance and new initiative development. Additionally, the analyst is responsible for identifying and defining trends and uncovering new opportunities within our account base. This position will be the primary support for Product & Services and work with members of sales, marketing, product development, and operations to accomplish their duties. The Senior Business Analyst reports directly to the Vice President of Finance & Strategy.
- Acts as an internal consultant to Sales, Marketing, Project Management, Operations and Business Development.
- Assists with development of annual budget, monthly forecast, and strategic plans for Product & Services.
- Works with Sales and Marketing leadership to develop revenue assumptions and detail forecast.
- Evaluates and analyzes market/ account performance – rate/ volume analysis, product usage, and training pass/ fail rates.
- Performs analysis on initiatives and business opportunities and assists in development of various pricing and distribution models for current and new products.
- Conducts market research and Investigates and secures competitive product intelligence.
- Manages sales tracking database and provide relevant financial reporting.
- Provides decision support and thought leadership to business partners/ leaders.
- Develops analytical, reporting, and forecasting models that fully integrate all key current and future business components.
- Cultivates high-quality relationships within and outside the organization.
- Develops financial tools (ROI, NPV, Pro forma’s, etc.) for consultation and sound decision-making support for business initiatives.
- Assists in the preparation of presentations to senior leaders and board of directors.
- Provides ad-hoc analysis as requested.
1. Essential Training/ Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred.
- 4+ years of experience in business analysis, financial analysis and planning or closely related discipline.
- Experience in evaluating trends and market intelligence gathering.
- Demonstrated skills in business-to-business selling and communication.
- Experience supporting a sales organization a plus.
- Working knowledge of the restaurant and foodservice industries a plus.
- Cross functional work experience a plus.
2. Essential Skills/Knowledge:
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills that support sales, pricing, distribution, and organizational efficiency.
- Strong presentation, communication (written and verbal), and negotiation skills.
- Solid technical systems (database, accounting, forecasting, etc.) aptitude.
- High intellectual curiosity.
- Ability to manage projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Anticipate and proactively respond to the needs and expectations of leaders, partners and customers.
- Ability to prioritize diverse challenges and people while maintaining focus and exceptional service.
- Effective working individually and in cross-functional and unstructured environments.
- Self-motivated and positive attitude.
Indeed - 24 months ago