Headquartered in Newport Beach, CA, Pacific Life is a Fortune 500 company with approximately 2700 employees. We pride ourselves on providing an innovative work environment which is highly challenging and exceptionally rewarding. We firmly believe each employee plays a part in our continued growth and success.
Currently, we are seeking a talented Senior Business Analyst to join the Life Insurance Division in Aliso Viejo. The Life Insurance Division works with financial and insurance professionals to give families and businesses the life insurance coverage needed to help meet important financial protection, wealth accumulation, and wealth preservation goals.
Assigned projects are typically aligned to strategic goals, are technically and conceptually complex in nature, impact departmental or division-wide operations and processes, have multi-million dollar budgets and require a significant commitment of resources, which frequently includes external resources
- Acts as a business liaison for each assigned project
- Drives a team to define a solution that meets the business needs for each assigned project
- Supports project execution activities to ensure successful deployment of the solution
- Acts in a leadership role throughout the life of an assigned project
FACTORS FOR SUCCESS:
1. Minimum of six years of full life cycle business analysis experience including working independently on large, complex projects that deliver or enhanc production software systems.
2. Able to analyze complex business system requirements in a wide range of functional areas and to work with others to develop solutions.
3. Exceptionally strong ability to communicate in writing and verbally on both business and technical subjects with all levels of management; possesses strong interview and meeting facilitation skills.
4. Demonstrated ability to earn the respect and confidence of others. Able to function as team lead on almost any project, regardless of size or complexity. Able to mentor other less experienced business analysts.
5. Able to independently coordinate many diverse and complex activities to accomplish a goal. Able to develop new formats as needed, for presenting data to drive understanding and decision making.
6. Has thorough understanding of system development life cycle and is capable of backing up project manager as needed.
1. Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university; or equivalent experience
2. Specialized education in tools & techniques of business process analysis, re-engineering, or quality assurance
3. Experience working in a technical role (e.g., application analyst, business systems analyst)
Join the Pacific Life team and watch your career grow! We offer competitive pay/ bonus program and a comprehensive benefits package including:
For more information, and to apply online, please visit our web site: www.pacificlife.com
- Medical/dental coverage
- TWO retirement plans: 401k retirement plan with company match and company-paid Retirement Benefit Account where company contributes 4% up to taxable wage base and 8% over to IRS compensation maximum
- Vacation/holiday pay
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- And much more!
- Interested candidates should apply online: www.pacificlife.com
- Pacific Life Insurance Company is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V
- If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at Pacific Life Insurance Company.
While the breaching whale logo used by Pacific Life Insurance evokes the West Coast, the company operates all across the US. As the primary...