Purchasing Power is the nation’s premier employee purchase program that is offered as a voluntary benefit to help to our clients’ employees responsibly buy computers, electronics, home appliances, furniture and Learning Solutions through the convenience of payroll deduction. Based in Atlanta, we are a rapidly growing privately-held company with 180+ employees. In 2011 we achieved a 27% growth in revenue over 2010, which is on top of the 180% revenue growth from 2007 to 2010. In 2011, we ranked #7 on Georgia Trend’s “Fast 40” list of large-middle-market companies, placed on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing companies for the fourth consecutive year, and earned an Atlanta Business Chronicle Pacesetter Award for the third consecutive year. With a focus on employee development, business growth and a drive to succeed, Purchasing Power is an exciting environment full of opportunity and challenges. We offer competitive benefits, convenient midtown Atlanta location and a business casual work environment.
• Leading the Business through the business case development, planning, analysis and design phases of projects that will be implemented across various technology platforms and functional areas, with a focus on delivering complete (end-to-end) solutions to complex business problems.
• Working with the various user groups (Finance & Accounting, Customer Management, Marketing, Product Development, etc.) to ensure that user requirements are fully defined, documented, prioritized and translated into functional specifications.
• Working in-step with the Senior Director of Business Systems Development to ensure that functional requirements are accurately and completely translated to the Development team.
• Ensuring that project deliverables meet the intended functional requirements, and assisting in measuring business benefits achieved by the solutions.
• Developing and maintaining expertise in the functional components of Purchasing Powers’ key business systems and building a “trusted advisor” relationship with functional department leaders.
• Thinking through every aspect of the user experience, putting users' needs and expectations first in the definition of requirements.
The ideal candidate is an experienced leader with a strong comfort level with the purpose and value of Business Analysis as well as the ability to effectively communicate that value to the organization, a self-starter who is able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, own deliverables end to end, and thrives in a fast-paced work environment; And a team player who can demonstrate the value of taking a customer-focused approach to defining solutions to complex business process and technology challenges.
• Extensive SDLC experience, in a variety of environments, and utilizing a number of methodologies.
• Agile project management experience strongly preferred
• Expert-level experience with Microsoft Office, especially Visio
• Familiarity with business requirements gathering tools
• At least 5 years of direct Business Analysis experience
• Must have experience with a range of technology-centric projects that should include web technologies, databases, and/or networking systems.
• Master’s degree preferred
• Must be a team player with at least 5 years of experience leading efforts that involve detailed Business Requirements management.
• Excellent organization skills and ability to effectively multitask in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment.
• Must follow a solid methodology for gathering business requirements, including stakeholder analysis, and management of approvals as appropriate
• Superior meeting facilitation skills
• Ability to consult with SMEs of all levels
• Superior problem solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills (this includes excellent listening skills, concise communication, and targeting the message to specific audiences)
• Experience in business case development preferred