Senior Business Analyst
Standard & Poor's Ratings Services
, a subsidiary of McGraw-Hill Financial, is the world's foremost provider of credit ratings. With offices in 23 countries, S&P is an important part of the world's financial infrastructure and has played a leading role for 150 years in providing investors with information and independent benchmarks for their investment and financial decisions.
Standard & Poor’s is seeking a Senior Business Analyst (BA) to provide strategic business analysis services to business partners. The focus of this position will be the documentation of business requirements and associated business processes/workflows in support of corporate initiatives and projects. The position will also work extensively with internal and external development resources in knowledge transfer of requirements and insuring understanding of how those requirements are reflected in applications/systems requirements. This position will interact and support both business users and technology. This role also may include oversight of junior business analysis staff.
- Gather/analyze/document business requirements leading to the development of a business solution. These are documented in high level requirements documents which then lead to Use Cases/Epics and User Stories
- Support the establishment of new projects by facilitating visioning sessions with business users and producing associated Vision documents
- Support the development of internal workflow design through systems, new and revised procedures and product designs, including the user interface aspect and the development of rules-based analysis for new or existing products
- Develop metrics for quantifying associated business value for assigned projects
- Manage the effects and impacts of requested changes to established projects, systems and applications, as well as the identification and communication of project risks
- Manages Staff
- Insure Business Process Management is integrated with projects when applicable
- Utilize PMO tools, processes and methodologies, such as SharePoint (PINE), HP PPM
- Work in accordance with the established BA life cycle (BALC)
- Develop expertise in Agile Software Development Life Cycle terminology and methodology, and S&P’s “six sigma” business process methodology (DMAIC)
- BA / BS degree in a related area such as finance, economics, information technology, or business
- Requires 8-10 years of related professional experience (BA, QA or management consulting)
- Requires 3-5 years experience in a financial industry/financial services
- Work toward Business Analyst certification; plans to attain certification
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge and experience in the following: Equity Analysis, Structured Finance, Corporate Credit Analysis, Ratings Process, or Finance/Accounting
- Strong familiarity with technical concepts and tools, such as: software architecture platforms, database tools, web and internet applications and mainframe applications
- Demonstrated business acumen with domain knowledge specific to one of the S&P business units and its tools and processes
- Demonstrated knowledge of 4 or more of the following: Standard requirements gathering and analysis, Process Mapping, Data flow diagrams, Standard BA lifecycle, BPM (Business Process Management), Requirements Management / Planning (Prioritization, Change Control)
- Ability to work with large, complex transactional database systems, as well as strong familiarity with MS-Excel macros and MS-Access
- Creative, results driven, self-motivated, and solutions oriented to execute projects
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems in a technical environment
- Strong math skills and familiarity with their use in financial analytics
- Demonstrated ability to recognize project risks
- Strong, demonstrated interest in working with business partners and technology staff to elicit and document requirements; confident in interacting at an analytical level with knowledgeable staff, and advocating position when needed.
- Developed understanding of the business to include the business goals and function as well as related processes
- Demonstrated skills in tailoring presentations/communications to varied audiences (i.e. business vs. technical and working group)
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate and/or build consensus with partners/support organizations
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated leadership and communications skills
- Ability to work with team members and stakeholders at all levels, technical and non-technical, in a positive and team-affirming manner
- Attentive to detail and quality oriented; ability to execute in a timely and accurate manner
- Team-oriented; Customer service-oriented
- Ability to oversee junior consultant staff
The McGraw-Hill Companies (NYSE: MHP) is a Fortune500 corporation with over 20,000 global employees and over 10,000 U.S. employees. Around the world, McGraw-Hill provides people with the information and insights they need to adapt and grow in changing times. Our business spans the fields of financial services, education, and business information with leading brand names such as Standard & Poor's, McGraw-Hill Education, Platts, and J.D. Power & Associates. By working together with our customers and partners, these brands are laying the foundation for a smarter, better world.
The McGraw-Hill Companies is an equal opportunity employer. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email webmaster -at- mcgraw-hill.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.
S&P Ratings Services
McGraw Hill Financial - 12 months ago
McGraw Hill Financial is a high-growth, high-margin benchmarks, content and analytics company serving the capital and commodity markets....