Senior Business Analyst
Southwestern Energy Company is a growing independent energy company primarily engaged in natural gas and crude oil exploration, development and production within North America. Our primary business is the exploration for and production of natural gas within North America. We are also actively engaged in exploration and production activities in Oklahoma, Texas, Pennsylvania, and New Brunswick, Canada. Please visit our website to learn about SWN .
WORKING AT SOUTHWESTERN ENERGY
When you become part of the Southwestern Energy Company team, you will engage your career with hands-on experiences in challenging exploration and development projects. As a new employee, you are given the opportunity to contribute from day one by working side-by-side with experienced employees to cultivate innovative strategies and solutions. We are at the forefront of several significant projects, most importantly the Fayetteville Shale play in Arkansas. In fact, Southwestern Energy was the first to discover the economic viability of the Fayetteville Shale and successfully produce its gas. We are currently the largest producer in the Fayetteville Shale. In a few short years, we have surpassed 1 Bcfd and have invested more than $6 billion in this expanding operation in Arkansas. Our work is also well known in the Arkoma Basin in Western Arkansas, East Texas, and we have recently begun exploratory efforts in Pennsylvania’s exciting new Marcellus Shale and in New Brunswick, Canada.
Under general direction, participates in the analysis, design, testing, implementation and support of enterprise data solutions that meet business objectives within the organization. Partners with the business community in defining systems scope and objectives through research and fact-finding. Performs analysis of business and user needs, documents requirements, and assists development teams in implementing solutions. Competent to work in all phases of systems analysis and considers the business implications of the technology to the current business environment. Possesses a thorough understanding of assigned information systems, and a general understanding of SWN business systems as a whole. Guides and advises less-experienced Business Analysts. Reports directly to the Team Lead, Reporting and Analytics.
• Gathers requirements for enterprise reporting and analytics requests.
• Develops dashboards and reports.
• Participates in the on-call support rotation.
• Assists in the education and development of less experienced personnel.
• Strong analytical and complex problem solving skills.
• Ability to analyze data across platforms and application repositories.
• A moderate to complex understanding of SQL syntax.
• Competent to work in most phases of application development activities.
• Excellent verbal and written communication.
• Experience with Informatica products is a plus.
• Leadership experience is a plus.
• Oil and Gas experience is a plus.
• Experience with Oracle EBS and OBIEE a
• Experience with P2 products a plus.
SouthWestern Energy Company - 9 months ago