The person in this role will work with teams throughout Viacom Media Network's organization including Ad Sales, Operations, Site Tech, IS&T and Finance Teams. The analyst will need to work closely with outside software and partner vendors.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements sessions, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed: Business Requirements Document, Use Cases, Visio Workflows and white papers.
- Identify business process gaps or issues and develop thoughtful solutions.
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Develop user documentation.
- Ability to train users on new processes or new technology.
- Successfully manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Work independently with SMEs to define concepts .
- Provide post production support by analyzing and troubleshooting day to day issues.
- Manage small to large projects.
- Develop and maintain detailed MS Project Plans.
- Assess project scope and conduct risk assessment.
- Drive projects to ensure milestone dates are achieved by set dates.
- Drive and challenge various business units on their assumptions of how to execute a project or implementation.
- Manage tasks assigned to employees that do not report to you.
- Present complex concepts to large groups of people.
- Serve as the conduit between the internal customer community and external software vendors..
- Manage upper management expectations through formal Status Reports and Status Meetings.
- Develop Test plans and lead test efforts.
- Mentor Jr. Analyst.
- Must have performed in a business analyst/project manager role for a minimum of 3-5 years.
- Must be able to garner compromise from teams that may have conflicting goals.
- Experience leading large meetings.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Business Analysis skills
- Project Management Skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite of applications including MS Project, Power Point, Word, Excel, MSAccess
- Must be highly Organized
- Experience supporting online Sales Organization
- Business Analyst Certification
- Project Management certification
- MS SharePoint
Viacom - 24 months ago